Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • On-One Scandal question
  • Simon

I’m building up an On-One Scandal 26er with vertical dropouts.
    The crankset I’ve got to go on it is Octalink, and the BB is a 73mm x 113mm.

OK, I know the Scandal BB shell is 68mm but would it be OK with a 2.5mm HT2 spacer on each end? Or would the chainline still be wrong?

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Try it and see – the worst case scenario is you end up needing to buy a 68mm BB and fit it at a later date! Likely scenario is you won’t notice and you’ll have many happy hours riding.

tazzymtb

should be fine as that’s how I ran a scandal 29er without messing up the chainline the bb shell isn’t the important bit really it’s the 113.

Simon

I’m going to try it, just wondered if the 113mm was the correct axle length. Right , off to the workshop.

nuke

I’ve always run 118mm square taper BBs on my On-Ones. Compromise on On-Ones in axle length terms: shorter axle may help chainline but lack of clearance between chainstay and chainrings can lead to other problems namely chainsuck damage. Think I tried a 122mm axle square taper BB on my Inbred 853 once: good clearance, crap chainline.

Simon

Well, it looks OK. Decent clearance between middle ring and chainstay and gears shift fine. It won’t be getting much use anyway………..it’s for the Mrs 😉 Anyone want to buy a little used Myka FSR frame and Tora forks? 😆

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘On-One Scandal question’ is closed to new replies.