Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • one in a million photo…
  • generallevi
    Free Member

Hey,

This photo was taken by Gary Perkin this weekend at the EWS. The rider is my wife Fay who was racing in Elites on her Banshee Rune. The photo is currently doing the rounds on social media with many saying this is a once in a lifetime shot. Amazing work by Gary.

Here it is anyway,
    All the very best,
    Lee.

AlexSimon

An amazing shot. Get that on your wall 🙂

Looking at the results, she didn’t finish. I hope she had a great time anyway!

generallevi
    Free Member

Tyre blow out on day 2 Alex, on a dual ply casing as well! It happened to two of the females in the exact same spot, however the Ecuadorian rider managed to get it plugged. After speaking to the Schwalbe boys they said nothing would have been able to fix it. She was going really well also.

Suppose that is racing hey.

Cheers mate,
    Lee.

caffeineoldbean
    Free Member

Brilliant. Makes you wonder how many critters scurry out the way as we come rattling past on the bike.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Like that.

scotroutes

Crappy shot, but I got this one almost by accident as I was riding along with the camera in my hand snapping photos of the hills…

generallevi
    Free Member

Scotroutes,

That is not a crap shot! If anything it’s even more special as you got it yourself whilst riding the bike….

Good skills Sir!

Lee.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

the deer is in focus, but your old dear is out of focus

speaks volumes about why you like the photo 😉

soma_rich
    Free Member

Living in the New Forest there are loads of dear around but i’ve only ever managed 1 half decent shot of one.

coogan
    Free Member

I almost crashed into a deer on an uplift day at Innerleithen years ago. Came rattling round a corner and was aiming for the next corner when the deer jumped across the trail right in front of me, missed it by a few feet. Shat meself!

iolo
    Free Member

I ploughed my Vauxhall Cavelier GSI into a stag at around 60mph at Rhydymain near dolgellau in the ealy 90s.
    It was stood in the road on a blind corner.
    Shit that hurt. I was gutted as I loved that car.

caffeineoldbean
    Free Member

Thats a great pic scotroutes. Action shot.
    The most wildlife I have seen about was when riding in Devon. Deer,wild ponies,fox,rabbits and a couple hedgehogs all in a day :D. Saw a little deer in Stanmer Park, Brighton which was pretty cool also. Now I get to see a few grey kangaroos every now and then. Never have a camera handy.

neilthewheel

I ploughed my Vauxhall Cavelier GSI into a stag at around 60mph at Rhydymain near dolgellau in the ealy 90s.
    It was stood in the road on a blind corner.

Good job it wasn’t a child’s face.

rOcKeTdOg

I have one of a dear running across the course at East nor mayhem near the oblisk must dig it out

Northwind

I rode round a corner at Newcastleton and there was a stag stood right in the middle of the trail. He looked at me for a while, just to let me know he wasn’t getting out of the way, he just so happened to want to be somewhere else, then trotted off. Really cool. He wasn’t that big but still an impressive animal.

#endeero world series

allthepies
    Free Member

Buzzed by a deer ? Pah

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2oymHHyV1M&feature=kp[/video]

😉

jambalaya
    Free Member

Nice shot !

velocipede
    Free Member

The OP’s shot is fantastic….

But that vid from allthepies is unbelievable!!! I feel the pain!

maccruiskeen

I almost crashed into a deer on an uplift day at Innerleithen years ago. Came rattling round a corner and was aiming for the next corner when the deer jumped across the trail right in front of me, missed it by a few feet. Shat meself!

Whats more pant soiling is when the deer you startle leaps into the undergrowth and frightens a dozen other deer in there who then leap back out onto the trail. Had to weave through a bunch of them at Ardgarten

A friend crashed into a herd of red deer up north and ended up with his bike tangled in the antlers of a stag. He instinctively wouldn’t let go of the bike. The stag made utter mincemeat of him, they rear up and stab down with their front hooves – like being hit with a angry 250kg pickaxe.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘one in a million photo…’ is closed to new replies.