Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • One for the watch buffs here – Schwarz Geneve?
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’ve recently inherited a watch about which I know little or nothing.

The only name on it is Schwarz, with Geneve written underneath. It’s a twin dial stopwatch type, with “Telemetre 1km” on the outside of the dial at 1200. “Non-magnetic” is just about the 1800 position. Face is a light copper colour. Left hand small dial is a constant second hand, right hand small dial is a minute counter for the stopwatch. Wind up mechanism. I think it may be from around the 1940s

So far, all I can find is this – http://www.schwarz-etienne.ch/english/index.html
    Which seems rather vague and I’m not sure it’s the same company

No pics I’m afraid, but will try and sort some if I get round to it!

Value isn’t the issue here, by the way, just a genuine interest in the history of it. It could be worthless and still mean the world to me. The man it belonged to was a genuine hero and someone I was very privileged to have known. I know an something of his past, even though there is much he would never tell.

Anyone ever heard of Schwarz watches?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Further digging reveals it may be a Schwarz Etienne. The stopwatch buttons are almost identical to this one and the layout is the same as well.

Will contact them tomorrow.

myheadsashed
    CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Hmm, no. Thanks, though!

Odd thing is, it only has Schwarz on it, not Etienne.

matthewjb
    Free Member

The man it belonged to was a genuine hero

Was he a pilot by any chance? I only ask because pilots’ watches tend to have magnetic shielding.

I don’t know the name of the company but a lot of those old brands went bust when everyone decided quartz watches were so super. Later on the brands were bought up but with no link to the original firm.

Somewhere like TZ-UK would be a good place to ask more questions. Obviously photos will help.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Thanks, Matthew. Not a pilot, but a well observed point! I’ll try that link as well.

luke
    Free Member

TZ would be my suggestion, but I’m not sure if there taking new members on at the moment.

AndyPaice
    Free Member

nice looking watch, and blimy those etienes are not cheap :-0

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘One for the watch buffs here – Schwarz Geneve?’ is closed to new replies.