Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • One for the ladies…relationship advice
  • kona_uk
    Free Member

A couple of questions…(and I will await the MTFU responses!)

1. Why do women always want to know how you feel about them ?

2. Any advice on how to tell them ?

Answers on a postcard please ! 😉

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

1 – Its a childish way of attention seeking.

2 – Depends on the answer to 1. If its negative – then from a long way, by text, phone or letter. If positive, then to their face.

Moses

1. To know whether they should stay with you or not
    2. Depends on whether you want to stay with them or not (or if you just fancy a shag)

MrNutt
    Free Member

most women prefer your response to be ether mimed in the dark, carved from ice within an oven on full heat or shouted clearly within a vacuum.

woody2000

1) Because you don't tell them

2) Punch them on the arm, then run away telling them how much they smell.

🙂

djglover
    Free Member

Women operate by talking about their problems, men operate by solving problems. I confuse women by talking about solving problems.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Women don't always want you to tell them how you feel, they want you to think that they want you to tell them and then when you do tell them how you feel they decide that they didn't really want to know how you feel but actually only wanted an open relationship until you sleep with someone else when they decide they actually want to get engaged but expect you to know that they want to get engaged because you should know what they want and they shouldn't have to tell you.

And that is just the beginning…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

M_F has it spot on.

Which is anoying as the question is probably going to come up soon and she's just too convenient, get a lift into work with my housemate every morning, get a lift out with her in the evening = half hour paid overtime every day 😀

crikey
    Free Member

1. Because they are people, and people like to know these things.

2. Tell them the truth, but if you are telling them that you are not really that keen, it's acceptable to be kind….

nickc

Because unlike most men, most women tend to be fully formed human beings, but often have to interact with cretins like M-F up there who clearly have the emotional response of a toaster…that's isn't plugged in…and hasn't worked for years anyway…

kona_uk
    Free Member

I guess its a 'man' thing, its hard to express yourself, even when you know how you feel…

And just in case my partner is reading this thread….you already know I think the world of you.. 🙂

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

but often have to interact with cretins like M-F up there

As opposed to interacting with people with no sense of humour? Or are you just trying to impress a bit of skirt and are worried she might read this thread?

BigDummy
    Free Member

No-one can tell me these toasters don't have emotional response.

nickc

Ahhh right, I understood you post was in jest, but you couldn't figure out mine was as well…

I was right then… 😉

nickc

The ladybird one…Want

BigDummy
    Free Member

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Nickc – you have right-royally lost me. What were you right about and what did I do wrong again?

BigDummy
    Free Member

nickc

existential toasting, cool…

Moses

BD- do you have a library of pictures to post, or do you have to search for them?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Because unlike most men, most women tend to be fully formed human beings

what rubbish! I think the key to "understanding" women is to realise they're just people, with the same insecurities and desire for real attention rather than lip service (an unfortunate double-entendre there 🙂 as anyone else. To subscribe to the "they're so different and inscruable" flim-flam is an obstructive delusion, setting you up for failure

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member
    mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Being serious for a minute…

I don't think anyone can say women are different OR the same as men. Every single human has an almost unique set of personality traits whether they be male or female. For every needy female there is a needy male, for every obsessive male, there is an equally obsessive female.

The key, I suppose, is having a deep understanding of human nature and behaviour.

DaveJones2478
    Free Member

If a woman thinks you aren't that keen, yet they are really keen on you it is extraordinary the lengths they will go to please you…

Be slightly aloof, they will only try harder.

Then the minute you tell them you like them, their challenge is over and they lose interest…

It's a tight rope!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

or a ready supply of rohypnol

oldfart

You need to listen to the things they DON'T say !!!!!!

Saccades
    Free Member

1. Why do women always want to know how you feel about them ? Mentalists want to ruin you.

2. Any advice on how to tell them ? I normally stop talking to them, but I do like the idea of punching them on the arm and telling them they smell as I run away.

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

1 Why not, if you have a funny sexy lady who you enjoy being with, tell her

2 How about face to face, get the feeling many of you are scared of the ladies, they really are rather nice if you find the right one.

Give the above a go and you might actually enjoy it, there really are some lovely woman out there

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

the ladies

please don't use that expression, as favoured by famous misogynist Jimmy Bastard Saville grrrrr!

thejesmonddingo

Sfb,it's post-modernist humour,he's referring to those of us in touch with our feminine side.
    Ian
    P.S. You're all secretly jey

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

"inscruable"

Inscrutable, yes. Whatever you think or expect is wrong. Don't stress about it; chill out; MTFU 🙂

BTW. I wouldn't take my own advice about women: I also have the emotional response and sensitivity of a kitchen appliance.

aleigh
    Free Member

One for the ladies…….glad to hear you guys are in touch with your feminine side 😯

My response to you is this

Because a man doesn't always show their emotions, to some women that comes across as disinterested, aloof etc hence that question

Just be honest and say how you feel! Quite simple really.

As for this comment Then the minute you tell them you like them, their challenge is over and they lose interest… I could say the same for you men……they are known as players if you didn't know lol!

teagirl
    Free Member

Well, some of you have very strange relationships don't you? I s'pose if we need to ask you then you must have been behaving like some hormonal schoolboy and we just want clarification before we dump you and move on to someone with maturity. 😉 If a relationship is going somewhere then the vibes between a couple answer the question.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Aleigh gets its spot on…. it took TWO women to tell you FFS men 🙄

They ask becasue you are aloof and difficult to read and because you think this is cool which , if you are at school and just want to impress your mates, it may be. As an adult it is just emotionally stunted.

The second question is just further proof of my answer above. If you do not know how to tell someone how you feel about them then your relationship will always have difficulties.

People like to know where they stand , tell her FFS.

rOcKeTdOg

maturity is for pensioners

*goes to watch captain slow play with scalextric*

teagirl
    Free Member

Maturity is… respect, consideration, emotional understanding, reciprocity etc…

aleigh
    Free Member

Aleigh gets its spot on

Fanks!

rOcKeTdOg

Maturity is… respect, consideration, emotional understanding, reciprocity

this is exactly why guys don't make the effort, who wants all the complications of that lot when you could be having fun! 😉

ahwiles
    Free Member

i think it's time women showed some of this 'empathy' they're supposed to be so good at.

it's not easy being a bloke, all 'kona' wanted was some advice, and suddenly he's a target for criticism.

here's some advice for the women; when you ask your man 'what are you thinking' – and he replies 'nothing' – he's being honest, most men can go for hours/ days/ weeks/ without a single thought crossing their mind.

most of the time, it's like an abandoned draughty aircraft hangar in here…

CaptJon
    Free Member

Questions are a central part of the female cardiovascular system.

Use examples from sci-fi to illustrate your feelings.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘One for the ladies…relationship advice’ is closed to new replies.