Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • One for the engineering/shooting/ hell everyone who enjoys craftsmanship
  • wysiwyg
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lfo1QUGfWZE[/video]

Pretty special

tinybits
    Free Member

Even if you don’t like guns, you can’t deny that that’s some impressive workmanship. I suspect my browning has a bit more machine / mass produced work on it!

grey

Very nice, wouldn’t mind one myself 🙂 .

bencooper
    Free Member

Was a bit meh until that twist lock thing snapped shut and disappeared – that was impressive…

yunki
    Free Member

I’d love that as a sawn-off..

My kid brother made a walnut stock for his air rifle for his gcse design and technology..
    Blimmin’ lovely it was

leffeboy

Also for everyone who likes a good bit of viral marketing. Very lovely though. Slightly offended by the title of ‘Human Technology’ given what they are making

v8ninety

Nice. Amused me that the seemed to have a million pound robot arm just to wave the barrels around like a kid playing light sabres and save the chap having to walk an extra ten feet, though… 🙂

bencooper
    Free Member

Also, it makes me suspicious to see workshops that clean and tidy.

mogrim

Did seem a bit fake – as mentioned the robot arm waving the barrel around, the overly clean workshop with glowing white overalls, the guy doing the engraving in what looked like a church… and what was the robot thing doing at 2:10?

Still, good to see a left handed shooter, and the finished article was a beautiful piece of work.

Rich_s

There is a “how things are made” episode showing how they made a Colt 1911 – it’s a tad more basic than that one (though still impressive IMHO).

jools182
    Free Member

I’ve seen a documentary about Beretta before

The cutting of grips on the stock and engraving the metal side plates is amazing

Just one little slip…

They showed how accurate they are by putting a piece of paper (think it was a £10 note) at the end of the barrel, then trying to close it. It wouldn’t shut

Impressive

ninfan
    Free Member

It’s alright if you want off the shelf, but…

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fac892fHBME[/video]

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

Ive got a new marketing slogan,
    Made by scientist, given to Hicks!
    Stunning engineering and well shot (pun intended)
    but I just don’t do Guns.

tinybits
    Free Member

bencooper – Member
    Also, it makes me suspicious to see workshops that clean and tidy.
    POSTED 16 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Really? You need to have a look around somewhere like Merc AMG factory near Northampton, makes that place look like a dump!

Obviously some of that is set up, it’s a promotional video. I strongly suspect that the robot arm is there for something else considering how much hand making there appears to be.
    Doesn’t detract from the finished product though.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Made by scientist, given to Hicks!

Good job I’ve got a Belgian Browning or I may have taken offense.

nedrapier

Lovely workmanship.

Bit of a weird contrast between being invited to marvel at the ultra modern cnc machining and also the millenia old hand machining of the wood.

One or the other, or what’s the point?

slowoldman

I think the point is it’s not one or the other. I play the oboe. These days most of the basic woodwork is CNC (more accurate than manual work) but the keywork and final assembly are by hand.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘One for the engineering/shooting/ hell everyone who enjoys craftsmanship’ is closed to new replies.