Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)
  • One for the cherished number haterz
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

At the shops this morning I parked next to a car bearing a similar Orkney registered number. I transferred mine from my Series IIA Land Rover. The number only has sentimental significance for the place and the IIA.

Orcadians pay crazy money for BS numbers, is that regional phenomenon?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

What about this one, spotted on the M4 near Afan the other day;

rocketman
    Free Member

Am still on the lookout for BE11 END

alfabus
    Free Member

both my cars have personalised plates… both came on the cars when I bought the 2nd hand… both are for sale…

Dave

white101

Am still on the lookout for BE11 END

Found it for you…..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-22537815

rocketman
    Free Member

🙂

TuckerUK
    Free Member

personalised plates

In what way have they been personalised? We don’t do personalised plates in the UK (despite what the DVLA say, maybe they don’t actually know what personalised means?), they are all generated automatically according to the system of the time.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Quite like those Orkney plates, ticks all the boxes for me:

No year indicator to the man in the street (e.g. so doesn’t make the vehicle look older (i.e. ridiculous)).

Doesn’t attempt to spell a mispronounced badly spelt word if you squint in the dark.

grum
    Free Member

Eh? What’s the connection between Orkney and BS?

MrSparkle

They are full of it?

plyphon
    Free Member

However, BS is an acronym for “Bullshit”, so for that reason – I’m out.

alfabus
    Free Member

In what way have they been personalised?

in the way that someone has chosen a number which has some connection to them personally, however tenuous.

mrblobby
    Free Member

No year indicator to the man in the street (e.g. so doesn’t make the vehicle look older (i.e. ridiculous)).

Why would you worry about how old your car appeared to the man in the street…?

theblackmount
    Free Member

>No year indicator to the man in the street (e.g. so doesn’t make the vehicle look older (i.e. ridiculous)).<

Err really? Think about it…

The ones that make me laugh are the highly tenuous / unfathomable personalised plates on bottom of the range de badged Beemers and the like.

Madfly
    Free Member

As interesting as i’m sure gas pipework and fittings are, i’m not convinced i’d want a reminder of it every time I pass my own car.

I’d have thought BS 14766 might be more apropriate on this forum.

Sorry, I’ll get my coat…

stumpy01

An old boss of mine has his initial followed by his surname. But it isn’t his surname. It’s a mispelt ‘almost’ surname.
    Rubbish.

Equally rubbish, there was an S2000 floating around Peterborough for ages with the number plate S200 — (can’t remember the last bit), so he was missing a zero, but still thought it worth having.

I wouldn’t have said those BS ones are particularly personalised; they are just unusual.

mudshark
    Free Member

I used to ride past 2 cars on the Chelsea Embankment:
    2BE NOT2B

Ooh just found the owner:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Bourne_%28developer%29

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I’m not sure why the Orkney Islands were allocated the BS. You’ll see lots of vintage and veteran cars with high BS numbers. Because the islands registered so few cars before the Registration format changed, the DVLA kept those unused numbers to use on veteran and vintage cars that had lost their registration documents or had been rebuilt from parts. I doubt that there were ever any De Dion Boutons or Bugattis originally registered in Orkney. Most of the numbers were allocated to tractors and motorcycles.

There’s a BS Flckr group.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/2102246@N23/

And discussion group

http://www.flickr.com/groups/2102246@N23/discuss/72157632361868791/

CountZero

The two best plates I’ve seen on cars are H1MUM, on the M4 once, and N33 NAA, (NEE NAA), on a car parked around the back of Trinity Road Police Station, in Bristol.
    Otherwise, not something I’m too bothered about.

professor_fate
    Free Member

Rather worryingly, there’s a car plated J1 HAD in this manor – with the Largest Mosque in Western Europe just around the corner… 😯

stumpy01

Just remembered there’s a Megane sport I’ve seen on the a1 with vaa v44, which looks quite good and I saw acaron ththe a14 this evening with the plate pr08 ber…I assumed it was an Ann Summers rep…

Edukator
    Free Member

Thank you for supporting my local economy McMoonter.

supersaiyan
    Free Member

I don’t see the point of douchebag plates normally, but I like this guy’s style:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/motorsport/22265878

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Rather worryingly, there’s a car plated J1 HAD in this manor – with the Largest Mosque in Western Europe just around the corner…

My brother’s stock plate spells Islam plus another letter. It’s probably worth more than the rusty E class estate it’s on in certain circles.

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

I had a brief fling with a woman last year and she had private plates on her Audi … DI8 NNE …. not unsurprisingly her name was dianne !

whattyre
    Free Member

a mates wealthy dad has g4 and g3…theyve been valued at over 1/4 mill! 🙄

pacemaker
    Free Member

Saw a woman i a 4×4 with AR51 COW , she did look a bit of a stuck up arsi cow too!

bearnecessities

Saw a woman i a 4×4 with AR51 COW , she did look a bit of a stuck up arsi cow too!

*rubs thighs*

teddy
    Free Member

Saw L18 DEM on a citroen picasso on the a64 coming back from dalby last week.
    Driven badly, struggled with being able to steer the same course for any length of time.
    Figures

spursn17
    Free Member

My mate has got A13 CNT on his motorbike, and he does use that road most days 😀

matt_outandabout

Northwind

BS7080 = “Guide to construction and use of 6.30 mm (0.25 in) magnetic tape cartridge using GCR for data interchange, recording at 394 ftpmm (10 000 ftpi), 39 cpmm (1 000 cpi). Streaming mode”

nickc

Followed a Merc the other day with A4 AUD on it…which probably disappoints…

There’s a bloke round here drives a rubbish old beamer with A3 on it. Family heirloom I undertsand.

DezB
    Free Member

Fella at work has this

BLLICKS

Its (almost) the last part of his surname… but we all know what it looks like, don’t we…

stavromuller
    Free Member

A guy used to rock up in our area with TO 88 POT on his Shogun, little bits of yellow tape soon changed it to TO SS POT. He drove around with it like that for weeks. Oh how we laughed.

letmetalktomark

VAN 15H was one that I used to see fairly often on the back of a Sierra Cosworth . Now on a Golf GTi according to Auto trader 🙁

I used to work for a butcher whose work vans plate read P9 ORK. Still makes me chuckle when I see it 🙂

LeeW

I once worked with a woman who left to pursue a career in adult entertainment, she’s quite successful apparently. Her plate on some Merc jeep type thing is MI55 FKD. Classy.

Northwind

letmetalktomark- Member

VAN 15H was one that I used to see fairly often on the back of a Sierra Cosworth

I should get that for my Mondeo, it’s quite a lot like a van.

stucol
    Free Member

Years ago at an off road trial near Callander were two Land Rovers. They passed me on the road a short time later as i rode towards the Dukes Pass.

Reg numbers…. LAN 1 E and MUD 1 E.

BurnBob
    Free Member

Whattyre, is one of those plates on a Bentley? And would he happen to have a connection to a golf related drinking establishment in Edinburgh?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘One for the cherished number haterz’ is closed to new replies.