Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • One for the art, photography lovers….a picture/photo that describes grief/loss
  • thewombles
    Free Member

anyone got any ideas of any famous photos that embody the idea , i wanted one to illustrate a point for my course ..ive got a few i can use but not being great on the art/photo front was wondering if anyone could enlighten me

: )

thanks

NZCol

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Sorry, I don’t think that was very useful ….. not really a ‘famous photo’ 🙄

How about this one – it’s very famous. John F. Kenndy, Jr. saluting his father’s coffin at his state funeral :

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

chopperT
    Free Member

Famous, greif, loss, with a fair size dose of horror thrown in…

beanum

Bit random?

Here’s the backstory for those who are interested..
    LOLRUS

beanum

a more sensible option:

roper
    Free Member

wee-al
    Free Member

My mates gota framed original of that Banksy. It’s worth a small fortune now!

jackthedog
    Free Member

For grief, the first thing that comes to mind is Dorothea Lange’s Migrant Mother.

mogrim

For grief, the first thing that comes to mind is Dorothea Lange’s Migrant Mother

It’s a great photo, but that makes me think more of worry / fear than grief.

dooge
    Free Member

Weegee’s later stuff? Anything by Sebastiao Salgado would fit the bill…. Don Mccullins work…..

JulianA
    Free Member

Last Of England by Ford Madox Brown?

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

This painting by Thomas Faed ~ The Last of the Clan of the highland clearances.

crouch_potato
    Free Member

Would have suggested some of Salgado’s work, but that’s been done. Otherwise, the most obvious (and probably not posted for that reason).

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘One for the art, photography lovers….a picture/photo that describes grief/loss’ is closed to new replies.