Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • One day in the Lakes…
  • ajantom

….and it looks like it’s going to be a corker weather-wise tomorrow 🙂

Up here for a wedding, and apart from a few gentle rides with toddler in tow, I’ve got a pass for one epic.
    Got a 35 miler worked out around Ulleswater taking in High Street and some cracking looking descents and bridleways along the lake’s edge.

jekkyl

That’s nice dear. Did you start a thread just to boast? 😉
    I shall be in the office tomorrow fully jealous of you. 🙁

stevedoc
    Free Member

Nice , but like above I too will be in the office tomorrow awaiting Friday to come so i can then spend the next two weeks away from work and taunting people on here with planned rides around the Peaks /Lakes and Snowdonia.

High st being on planned for next Monday !

ajantom

Well not boasting as such…. 😉 but it is nice to actually have a decent summer for a change.

We’re getting home on Friday and then straight off to a music festival, so it’s bound to rain soon!

ajantom

What a great ride!
    39 miles and 6000ft of climbing 😀
    I am most definitely pooped now.

jekkyl

pics or it didn’t happen.

grannyjone
    Free Member

6000 ft of ascent is a hell of a lot in just 39 miles. The Mary Townley Loop has 6000 ft and that’s over 47 miles, and that’s one hell of a steep route.

grannyjone
    Free Member

Got the Strava for this route ? Would be interested in getting the GPX off it. Was thinking of getting the train up to Penrith and doing a decent route, and I think Ullswater is near Penrith.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

6000 ft of ascent is a hell of a lot in just 39 miles. The Mary Townley Loop has 6000 ft and that’s over 47 miles, and that’s one hell of a steep route.

Not in the lakes it’s not. Last days biking I did in NW Lakes was 5000ft in 18 miles.

ajantom

Sorry, just checked the file….. it was only 38.1 miles. With 5964 ft of climbing.
    The middle part of the bridleway coming down from High St, near Hayeswater, has been diverted to the right of the river for about a mile. It’s a bit of a slog through the undergrowth. Apart from that it was all pretty good. Pushed up a few really steep bits!
    The descent down off High St to Patterdale is amusingly technical in parts!

Here’s the route..,.
    Strava of route

qwerty
    Free Member

Was a great day to be in the Lakes, i took this during yesterdays walk, taken from Catstye Cam, shows Striding Edge on the left, Helvellyn, Swirrals Edge on right & Red Tarn below.

[/url]Panorama from Catstye Cam showing Striding Edge, Helvellyn & Swirrals Edge. by martinddd, on Flickr[/img]

Speshpaul

Did Helvellyn a few weeks back with the scouts for the 1st time.
    A totally awesome day. Topped off by watching my lad (14) run most of the way up and all of the way down.
    Anyone got any fell running shoes for sale. Size 7/8

grannyjone
    Free Member

Some people just make these things look easy.
    Im 30 and despite all the exercise I do (300 mile per month on the mtb, lots of walking including the odd lakes mountain) I struggle like hell to run to the local asian shop & back (1.5 miles). And Hellvellyn is hard enough for me to walk never mind run.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘One day in the Lakes…’ is closed to new replies.