Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • On the subject of niche…
  • singlespeeddan
    Free Member

Phew that was close. Nearly spent all my money on a new alfine hub/wheel build.

Fortunately i remembered in time that gears are for gayers.

And girlfriends.

I may have been drinking. 😀

ton

mmmm, nice

Oxboy
    Free Member

eh gears are for gayers? even a single speed has 1 gear, how do you propel your bike pray tell???

singlespeeddan
    Free Member

With my legs. 🙂
    Gear, single good
    gears plural bad

crikey
    Free Member

Gears are for quiet gayers; quiet in the sense that we don’t need to tell everyone how niche we are/are not…

Oxboy
    Free Member

ok, whatever floats your boat, not had a single speed since I was about 5 so I cant remember how they ride!

Pieface

You need gears and suspension to be a good rider

djglover
    Free Member

……………(__)l…..l(__)
    ……………l.=.ll..=.ll.=.l.__
    ……………l….ll…..ll….l(__)
    ……………l.=.ll=.=ll.=.ll.=.l
    ……………l….ll…..ll….ll….l
    …..__…..l.=.ll=.=ll.=.ll.=.l
    ….l]…\….l…………….ll.=.l
    ……l…

Hairychested
    Free Member

SSD, how about a singlespeed geared bike for a change?

speaker2animals

MGR says that SSers wouldn’t know/be able to recognizeany differences in bike setup. And they should know as HTs are just about acceptable while SS, 29 & 69 are just not cycling.

Ahmen

Oxboy
    Free Member

anyway I only use one gear at a time, its just I have 27 to choose from!

singlespeeddan
    Free Member

I was going for that idea with the alfine but went to majestic wine shop and spent all m money on ale.

DJglover, is that a penis? How thoughtful of you. 😆

singlespeeddan
    Free Member

I do like a stimulaing debate. This more fun than… well actually my missus is looking over my shoulder so i can’t tell oyu about that.

Oxboy
    Free Member

so singlespeeddan, talk to me as I dont get it, whats the appeal of single speed and where can you enjoy its disadvantages to its fullest?

singlespeeddan
    Free Member

It just makes me smile, I get a lot of pleasure out of churning out the same gear up down and along. Maybe its coz i’m thrawn, can’t explain it better than that. I like the fact that i don’t hit my derailleur off rocks and bend it. (i did have a geared bike for a while but it became SS) I don’t ride rigid though i might get a fork to use when the suspension is getting serviced/through the winter. And quite close to me there are some hills called the cairngorms which are excellent for experiencing the disadvantages of singlespeeding.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

some wierdo’s like playing with pushbikes in muddy woods

others prefer to do it up a mountain

some even choose to do it with only one gear

and other people are in desperate need of a shit, #i shall return shortly.

SimpleDumbPilot
    Free Member

‘hills’ said it in one

speaker2animals

As I mostly ride from my door the local riding really doesn’t need anything other than my rigid SS. Sometimes though it can be fun on my geared FS.

If I lived in the Lakes/Wales/Scotland then maybe I’d be mostly on FS. Here in Stoke though my SS is great 8 times out of 10.

Oxboy
    Free Member

fair play Dan I can understand what youre saying, people think I’m mad travelling 2 – 3 hours in a van on a saturday morning with my pal to ride our bikes up and down some Welsh hills! ”You’ve been where? Wales???”
    😆

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘On the subject of niche…’ is closed to new replies.