Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)
  • On the front page: Bye bye Bert
  • Midnighthour
    Free Member

Regards to Bert. He looks very happy on the photo, a nice memory of him. Its awful beyond words to loose pets. My sympathy to the Singletrack gang.

beamers

So sad to see Bert go. Met him a couple of times at MM/SITS etc and a real character.

Remember the good times.

MikeT-23
    Free Member

Matt, and the STW crew,

sorry to learn that Bert's lifting his leg on the Pearly Gatepost.
    That's sad news indeed, but after reading your reasoning I can fully appreciate your position.
    May your sorrow ease swiftly.

Mike T

mud-dodger
    Free Member

I'm still not quite sure why SBF has such a problem with WTF I wrote.
    I wasn't expecting sympathy, was mearly expressing that I knew how the OP was feeling about the loss of his dog.
    Having had my dog for 14 years, we brought her up from being small enough to sit in the palm of my hand, I then had to watch as she was put to asleep.It was possibly the hardest thing I've had to do.
    In the end, it was me that had to make the decision, although something that I'd known was coming for while was bloody hard to do.

As a child I was always taught that if I had nothing constructive to say, I should keep quiet. On this occasion the same applies to SBF. I didn't ask for him to comment on what I'd wrote and really should have expected someone to take the piss. Hopefully he'll never lose anything that's close to him.

AndyRT
    Free Member

lets not dwell on SFB eh? I think he has been given a wrap over the knuckles here. This whole thread is about showing empathy and support for Matt, after having made such a hard choice. Never easy, guilt inducing stuff, but ultimately the right thing to do for obviously a much loved part of the family.

Dogs are the best pals, and losing one in ay situation is horrible.

Hope you feel better soon Matt et al.

santacruzsi
    Free Member

RIP bert, looks a cute little fella. Always liked to read his line on the editorial section bit thing "where would you like to be stranded due to the ash cloud" etc…

beamers

I hope there will be a suitable Bert related outro in the next mag.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I think he has been given a wrap over the knuckles here

more like being sent to the naughty corner…

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

It's lovely Bert outro in Issue 58. Brought a tear to my eye.

Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘On the front page: Bye bye Bert’ is closed to new replies.