Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • On-one/Avid juicy help?
  • taka
    Free Member

just got one of my On-One frames today and i have avid juicy 5 brakes the only problem is i want to route the cable through the correct routings provided. the problem with this is that i have never personelly bled my own brakes i havent go a brake kit i have watched someone do it in a bike shop on work exsperience but cant remember much? i dont realy want to end up takeing it to a bikeshop as i will be charged stupid prices for a fairley simple job "i hope" has anyone got any tips? and has anyone got an Avid juicy 5 bleedkit i can borrow?

cheers tom

slugwash
    Free Member

Google Avid brake bleed. There's a few helpful 'How to do it' videos on Youtube.

squeezer
    Free Member

I was in exactly the same position with my Juicy 7 and new inbred frame. I took the plunge and bought a bleed kit and it was all much easier than I thought it was going to be. There are a couple of instructional videos on YouTube that really helped. Just take it step by step and you'll be fine!

nuke

iirc its not just a case of removing the hose from the lever and threading through. The hose needs to be cut and then a new hosebarb and olive need to be used (it is maybe possible to re-use the hosebard and olive but not really worth it for a couple of quid and they do come with the bleed kit iirc). Then, when its all back together, you need to bleed it. All a bit of a PITA.

I've done it a couple of times in the process of building up my O-Os; tbh, if I was building up a frame again, I'd just ziptie the hose instead.

taka
    Free Member

might be an idea to ask the lbs how much it would cost for them to do that then?

dont want to **** it up making the costs even more

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Tom

buy the kit – its dead easy if you watch the youtube vid

hugorune

You could try what I did on my old DN6 inbred.

Hacksaw through the cable guide, bend it back, pop in the hose, bend back to correct position. Smooth it out with a bit of araldite and jobs a good un. Twice as much effort and hassle as bleeding your brake and you've now got a slightly shagged frame.

carlphillips
    Free Member

lol @hugo

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘On-one/Avid juicy help?’ is closed to new replies.