Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • On One Smorgasbord or Schwalbe Hans Dampf?
  • flyingmonkeycorps

About the same price if I get the HDs from Germany… Anyone had any experience with both? Will be going on a Hemlock over winter, riding in t’Peak, Wharncliffe, local woods… Bit of everything really.

Currently riding Minions. Or High Rollers, I forget. Possibly a mixture of the two.

mboy
    Free Member

I’ve got a 6 ride old Smorgasbord you can have for £16 posted if you want it…

I personally didn’t get on all that well with it, but others have. They’re a very quick tyre for certain, and you can tell the quality of the Maxxis EXO casing.

No experience of the Hans Dampf’s for comparison, but I understand they’re quite draggy. My personal favourite is the Conti Rubber Queen.

andymc06
    Free Member

Just put a Hans Dampf (Evo, Trailstar) on the front of my Trance to replace a High Roller (60a). The HD is bigger, grips better, rolls just as well and is 100g lighter. Plus it has Snakeskin sidewalls. Thoroughly recommended. 🙂

flyingmonkeycorps

Cheers Mboy, I just might take you up on that. Which version of the Smorgasbord is it?

singlespeedstu

Which version of the Smorgasbord is it?

The version Brant gave him for about a tenner thinking he’d get some free advertising out of it. 😆

mboy
    Free Member

The version Brant gave him for about a tenner thinking he’d get some free advertising out of it.

Hahaha

Wasn’t a Tenner… Though I didn’t pay the full £25 either I’ll admit! I MAY have told junky off here I paid 10 quid for it to wind him up for being a wally on the thread about em…

Oh and it’s the single compound 26×2.25″ version

email in my profile.

chris_db
    Free Member

No probs with Hand Dampf. Not noticed anything but grip, especially running tubeless.

Junkyard
    Free Member

self censored

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

Love the hans dampf! i don’t seem to make the schwalbe and conti tyres last very long compared to my old high rollers though. Not sure if that is down to compound or what.

miranmtb
    Free Member

I have Hans Dampf front and Smorgasbord rear on my inbred 29er trail bike and think it is a really good combo. I really like it.
    Beware, Smorgasbord is not a good tire for the front – the profile is too round, Hans is not a got fit for the rear (in most conditions) – too slow and wears very fast.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘On One Smorgasbord or Schwalbe Hans Dampf?’ is closed to new replies.