Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • On one Slot dropout….WTF
  • Olly
    Free Member

Im sorry if im being thick.

could someone please explain to me, in single syllabebbles how to use the new on one slotty.

I have a QR hub (bulb), and two washery jobbies.

im assuming that the washery jobbies press fit onto the QR axel studs of the hub, halving their efective length?

or do i put the hub in as normal, crank it up with the QR, and effectively bend the frame inwards (not clever with disks i guess? and ignore the washers.

if i were to get myself a chain tug…. where does that go?

the 5mm hole one, when put on the outside of the frame, would only support the QR, not any structural part of the hub itself?

please educate me

Picchures would be nice too if they are to hand!

Clink

What are the washers??

Chain tug goes inbetween frame and qr. Not sure why your frame is ‘bending inwards’? Sorry no pics to help.

Olly
    Free Member

they are taperlock washers?
    the slots in the frame are slightly tapered
    the washers are equally tapered (with a tab to keep them the correct way up)

Clink

Ah – not familiar with the new taperlock stuff 😳

tazzymtb

pics please then we can all point and laugh…..and then offer some advice!

markenduro
    Free Member

I’d guess that the taperlock washers go onto the axle of the hub with the tapered bit facing outwards and forwards, these then go inside the frame and the qr goes through the whole lot. A chaintug would be fine on the qr only as it is only stopping the wheel sliding forwards and the 5mm qr would suffice for this. Some pictures of you looking confused might help 😀

Olly
    Free Member

THe problem I anticipate is that as the axel slides forward, the frame is splayed out which will make a mess of the disk brake alignment surely?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘On one Slot dropout….WTF’ is closed to new replies.