• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by cp.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • On-One Single Speed Hub – Sprocket Removal
  • purplechair
    Free Member

I'm running a 32 / 16 on my inbred slider and looking to experiment with different sprocket size. I took the wheel to my LBS to get a tool to remove it, either my LBS is a donut or the on-one sprocket requires an odd removal took. Any of you fine chaps removed a sprocket from an on-one single speed hub – I'm looking for a tool rather than a hammer and drift approach, thanks

nbt

If it's the one they usually do, there is no tool – hammer and drift is the best way. FOr some unknown reason (i.e. it was dirt cheap) they specced a freewheel with no tool engagement points

Del

as nbt if it's the dicta freewheel they were fitting a few years ago.
    sorry.

purplechair
    Free Member

Cheers nbt & Del, yes it's a few years old, I'm planning on going back to S/S for the winter – I guess hammer and drift to remove and then purchase a free wheel from elsewhere thaty has a suitable tool.

Any suggestions for replacement – I'm guessing I will end up with a selection of freewheels to try until I find my single speed mojo – thanks

nbt

I have run the £16 shimano jobbiesand the £6 "proper" dicta jobbies. Both ok, you get what you pay for though, the shimano last longer. Not shelling out £40 for a white industries though.

cp

yeah, unfortunately it's just a case of try and see. do you want to go quicker spinning or pushing harder?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘On-One Single Speed Hub – Sprocket Removal’ is closed to new replies.