Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • On One Scandal or Kinesis Maxlight XC3 / XC 130?
  • londonpride
    Free Member

I want to put together a new HT mainly for XC (so lightish) but able to take the odd big hit / jump.

I have an old Fox Float 100 fork which will go onto the frame.

Was going to go for a Scandal until today was told in a shop (which sells neither frame) that the finish is not great on On One and to go Kinesis instead. Anyone agree?

IF the Kinesis is a better bike anyone any thoughts between the XC3 and the XC130?

Thanks

Sancho
    Free Member

I’d agree with that.

but the Kinesis is shorter on the top tube, I think so Id look at geometry and get one that will fit best.

xcneil
    Free Member

Hi I have the Kinesis xc pro 3 and it’s a fantastic frame, it is what it is though a xc frameset

sgn23
    Free Member

I think the Scandal is great, but I’ve no idea about the Kinesis. I built mine up with an old Fox Float 100 and a mix of XT and SLX and it rides really well. The anodised black finish on mine seems OK and it doesn’t scratch or chip any worse than my other bikes. You can pick them up occassionally on ebay for about £100-150 usually with a headset fitted. I’m 6′ and the 18″ is perfect with a 80mm 6 degree stem.

londonpride
    Free Member

Sgn23 that’s exactly my height. Most bits will be xt, hope minis, hope hubs and wtb rims,race face crankset and fox float 100 forks. How heavy do you reckon yours is?

Have you given a proper thrashing at all and did it take the abuse?

Northwind

I miss my Scandal, I spoiled it trying to make it be something it wasn’t (something On One said it could be, to be fair) but it was a great XC bike. It was an ano one, so the finish was fine (couldn’t stick helitape to it though and it did wear in places)

sgn23
    Free Member

londonpride, I’ve taken it around Verderers and Cannock in the last month and it’s handled them both with ease whilst still being fun. No idea how heavy it is, I don’t get too excited about weight, but it’s definetly lighter than my Trek Ex8!
    Your spec sounds good. For tyres I use MudX in the winter and SB8 in the summer.

Garry_Lager

The scandal I had was a nice looking bike and a good ride – upgraded (if that’s the right word) to a whippet because of a good deal on components, but there was nowt wrong with the scandal (they’re also superb value for money). I wouldn’t worry about the finish.
    Personally I would worry about the odd big hit / jump on a scandal, but I’m a fairly agricultural rider. If you’re more skilled / smoother maybe it wouldn’t be such a big deal.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘On One Scandal or Kinesis Maxlight XC3 / XC 130?’ is closed to new replies.