Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • On-One Pompino sizing
  • svalgis
    Free Member

I’m thinking of buying a complete Pompino for getting to and from work and the shops (fairly short distance) as well as longer rides to explore the city and just pootling about.

I’m 178cm (5’10) and inner leg of 85cm (33″). Would you go for the medium or large?

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/CBOOPOMPKOJ/on-one-pompino-drop-bar-urban-bike

I’m also open to alternatives in the same price range.

porlus
    Free Member

Im 5’8″ with a 31″ inside leg and about 27″ reach. Went for the medium. Running with a 110cm stem and its great for me, really comfy bike to ride.

jonba
    Free Member

I’m about the same as you 5’10 longish legs and went for the large Pompetamine.

If it is any help I also ride a 18″ inbred. My Road bike is a 56cm* and my cross bike 54cm*

*I was advised on that size road bike but ended up with a 100mm stem. I bought my cross bike a size smaller and fitted a longer stem and find it more comfortable to ride. I wait for someone to make a 55cm frame.

2orangey4crows

5′ 11″, 32″ legs and I’m on a large with a 70mm stem.

convert

I’m pretty much your size (couple of cm taller) and have a size large pomp with 120mm stem. Unless they have changed their sizing (mine is probably a 2006 or 7, I forget) they are quite short in the top tube for a road bike – I actually find mine too short to be ideal, but acceptable for what it’s used for. But then I’m from a road background and am used/expect to be quite stretched; I know a lot of mountain bikers and leisure riders expect to be a lot more sit up and beg on a road bike. You seem to have longish legs for your height too so the extra headtube length is probably a good thing unless you are planning on setting it up with a very big saddle to bar drop.

porlus
    Free Member

Oops, just noticed i wrote 110cm stem. Wondered why i am laying flat out when riding haha.

Garry_Lager

I ride a large at 5’11 – love the fit, but could prob ride the size bigger without any hassle. Med would defo be too small.

I’m buying a cross bike at the mo with more trad geometry and it feels weird – I ride the pomp every day and have gotten used to the ride position. Feel quite stretched on a normal 56 frame (hopefully just a psychological thing to adjust to).

warpcow
    Free Member

I’m 179 tall with a 83cm inside-leg and ride a medium with 100mm stem. Could probably have gone one bigger, but I like it for shortish, try-a-bit-of-everything rides.

svalgis
    Free Member

Damn you warpcow, just when it was starting to feel like an easy choice. 😉

I appreciate all the feedback, will read and continue to ponder until they’re back in stock and I have to make a decision (does anyone have any word on that by chance?).

ski
    Free Member

If its mostly city/road riding go large, but I prefer the medium for anything off road (me being 5’10).

svalgis
    Free Member

They’re still not back in stock and I’m starting to get in a little bit of a hurry since I need a way to get to and from work when I move flats in three weeks time. What alternatives should I consider for the same price or less?

warpcow
    Free Member

Don’t think there is much in that price-bracket. Evans have some well-priced Pinnacle frames but they’re for gears. For your use I’d probably go for a large; mine spends more timme offroad than on sonthe smaller frame isn’t a problem.

giantjason
    Free Member

I am 5’11 with 32″ legs and went for a large pompetemaine. I had to play around with the stem to make it comfy but it now is perfect.

doof_doof
    Free Member

Just noticed there’s a new version of the Pompino up on the site. Looks like there have been a few updates and geometry tweeks (seat angle no longer slacker than the head angle). Wonder if tyre clearance has increased at all. Perhaps a new Pompetamine on the cards too?

craigxxl
    Free Member

I’m 6′ tall with 31″ inside leg and found the reach too short on a large Pompetamine with straight bars so ended up swapping the frame for an XL. I would go large to be on the safe side.

epicyclo

svalgis – Member
    …I’m 178cm (5’10) and inner leg of 85cm (33″). Would you go for the medium or large?

I’m that size. I went for the XL on my Pompino because I wanted to do longer rides on it. Longer wheelbase, handlebar position is higher, and still plenty of goolie space at standover. Nice comfortable bike.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘On-One Pompino sizing’ is closed to new replies.