Viewing 35 posts - 41 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • On One / Planet X – alloy disc big clearance, rack and guard road bike
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

brant – Member

Early July. £699 with Tiagra.
    No Kaffenback Trail.

Posted 1 month ago #Report-Post

brant – Member

Early July. £699 with Tiagra.
    No Kaffenback Trail.

Posted 1 month ago #Report-Post

Perhapse it’s like his own name, if he says it again it’ll appear.

buck53

Forks delayed. Eta end of July.

is wot ‘e said.

yathers
    Free Member

I meant whens the revised pickenflick due??

yathers
    Free Member

come on brant, any news on the new pickenflick??

jamiep
    Free Member

There’s a new pic of the London Road on PX twitter but no more details yet

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member
    drlex
    Free Member

*hopes for threaded BB*

Jamie
    Free Member

So if that’s only a sample, then it’s going to be waaaaaaaay off, no?

Conqueror
    Free Member

Wonder if this will be released, given that elsewhere on the forum it seems Brant is leaving Planet X.

I couldn’t hold out much longer and got a Cotic, but this does look good.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Conqueror – Member
    Wonder if this will be released, given that elsewhere on the forum it seems Brant is leaving Planet X.

I couldn’t hold out much longer and got a Cotic, but this does look good.

I doubt his departure means they’ll stop putting out new bikes.

forzafkawi
    Free Member

Any more news/ETA on the London Road? Last ETA was end of July due to hold up with the forks but it’s the end of August now.

RustySpanner

Could be interested in this if it has separate rack/guard bosses.
    Anyone seen the droputs?

STATO
    Free Member

The pickenflick isn’t on the site anymore, not sure if that’s a good or bad sign?

sandwicheater

Oh flip I want that.

RustySpanner

Looks lovely.

Very light too if the figures are to be believed.
    Wrong groupset for me though – no cheaper Shimano option puts me off a little.

igm

Clearance for 38cm tyres? Fat-tastic

tonyd

Looks very nice. I can’t see any info on geometry though (unless I’m missing something), the thing I like the least about my small Pompetamine is the very slack seat tube angle. As soon as I can afford it I’ll probably replace the frame because of that.

jonjonjon3
    Free Member

anybody know if/when this will be available as a frameset?

edhornby

I’d imagine that there isn’t that much price difference between rival and the tiagra they do on the alloy road bike, it’s the BB7 disc wheels and frame development/production that is the difference – sub £1000 is a flipping bargain when you look at the spec and imagine what the big brand equivalent would cost

there’s very little difference in longevity or function between SRAM and Shimano that i’ve experienced personally.. I’m just kinda thankful I can’t spend Halfrauds CTW vouchers with PX otherwise I’d be filling up the shed and incurring the wrath of Mrs Ed 🙂

snownrock

I dont quite understand why you would want to spend a grand on a commuter though or why you would want the ‘latest’ 22 spd gearing etc. It’s a lot of money when compared to the Saracen Hack, Pinnacle Arkose etc. It makes the Kaffenback almost look reasonably priced.

stumpy01

snownrock – Member
    I dont quite understand why you would want to spend a grand on a commuter though or why you would want the ‘latest’ 22 spd gearing etc. It’s a lot of money when compared to the Saracen Hack, Pinnacle Arkose etc. It makes the Kaffenback almost look reasonably priced.

Aren’t both the bikes you mention about £1k for a similar spec?

I’d have thought many people spend a grand on a commuter because they can afford to use the whole B2W scheme and given that they pay for it monthly, it doesn’t work out that expensive; something like £55/month?

Looks like quite a nice bike that. All these practical road/CX bikes around that look like the ideal thing for winter are tempting me to get one. But most of them are better than my current road bike, so that would need upgrading too….hmmm!

tthew

I dont’ think that spending about £1k is outrageous for a commuter bike, considering they are probably the bike you do most miles on. Commuter bikes make excellent general purpose scoots for loads of other riding too.

iamsporticus
    Free Member

Noooooooo, this could well be my N+1 bike
    Commuter and winter road bike in one – a bit slow with the club but nothing some tyres wouldnt fix
    Usefully less agricultural than a Kaff or the Cotic thing as well

There are no pics of it fitted with proper mudguards but this will seriously test my self control assuming it can

Commuter – yes
    Winter bike – yes
    Big tyres – yes
    Discs – yes
    Tourer – yes
    Doesnt weigh a ton – yes
    Mudguards – ????????

Now then, off to consider which of the current fleet has to go in order to make room 🙂

dragon
    Free Member

What fork is on it, doesn’t seem to be mentioned, unless i missed it.

STATO
    Free Member

Mudguards – ????????

Seems to have all the bosses, however the front guard bosses are half way up the fork on the outside (ie. lowrider front rack placement), who thought that was a good idea!? at least bloody put them inside the fork blades, its going to look bloody awful!

ALso, anyone think the chainstays kick out quite a lot? they rear dropout used is pretty chunky so i reckon heelrub may be a pain, know i rub heels on narrower bikes when using road chainsets.

brant
    Free Member

at least bloody put them inside the fork blades, its going to look bloody awful!

quite sweary.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Hopefully the production models with have a working rear brake 😀

Rear brake: Avid BB7 Mechanical Disc Brake Road / 20IS / No Rotor

doof_doof
    Free Member

£300 for the frameset (comes in yellow, too).
    Weight: frame, 1540g, forks 780g, total 2320g. Looks like it isn’t a full carbon fork at that weight.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Don’t suppose there are any ride reports or reviews of these yet? Anyone bought one??

adamef
    Free Member

I’m assuming this is 135mm spacing on the rear dropouts. Anyone know if that’s the case? Brant?

brant
    Free Member

It’s a 135mm rear spacing on this frame yes.

spencertrials

Anybody an idea of the bottom bracket width? 68mm or 73mm?

Can a Shimano road crank be fitted if it’s a 73?!

swampi
    Free Member

I have one, standard Shimano road cranks fit fine so 68mm shell, no problems with heels clipping the chain stays(unlike on my Boardman cx which I always clipped the left hand side chain stay).
    It rides really nice, I sold my Boardman to have this, I even prefer it to my pro 6, its only weak point is the fork, its no light weight

spencertrials

Thanks. Website quotes 73mm which threw me. Thought it must be 68mm with it having a sram rival crank on the full build. I have a 105 crank ready to go on it that’s all.

What build you running and the weight if you don’t mind me asking?

Viewing 35 posts - 41 through 75 (of 75 total)

The topic ‘On One / Planet X – alloy disc big clearance, rack and guard road bike’ is closed to new replies.