Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • on-one not on it
  • br
    Free Member

We were riding last weekend and a new lad pitched up. He’d a new carbon FS Whyte. It felt light too, or “27.2lbs” as he put it.

So I said go pick mine up (Ti HT). “Wow, that’s light” he said, “what does it weigh, 22lbs?”

27lbs on my Park scales…

Northwind

Yeah, some day, I’m going to pinch my mate Malcolm’s magic scales. “Hey, your bike is the same as mine, except that absolutely every component on mine is heavier. How much does it weigh?” “Mine weighs 37lbs” “Really? Mine is 34!”

Soz Malcolm but you know it’s true.

sturmey
    Free Member

Never believe the scales I learnt this in 1987 at the age of 16 on an expedition to India while taking an internal flight we had to weigh our luggage, so as not to incur excess baggage charges one member of the team wedged his heal under the weighing scale plate and each time a bag was placed on the scale he would just move his foot slightly so it looked like the scales were working correctly. I now wish someone would do the same for me when I’m weighing myself 😆

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Yeah, some day, I’m going to pinch my mate Malcolm’s magic scales. “Hey, your bike is the same as mine, except that absolutely every component on mine is heavier. How much does it weigh?” “Mine weighs 37lbs” “Really? Mine is 34!”

Wierdly, I weighed my Pitch by the bathroom scales +/- bodyweight method and it came out 32lb, convinced this must be a lie (I was expecting a lot more), I stripped it down, weighed everything to the gram on the kitchen scales, added it all up and it weighed…………….32lb.

Where do people get these magic scales?

wiggles
    Free Member

If you stripped your bike down to parts to weigh it then I think more scales are the last thing you need…

tazzymtb

Nothing wrong with being a weight weenie..I have sat down with a cuppa and some biscuits at my local emporium of niche and we have weighed all the rocket ron 29er rubber ..there was a difference of nearly 50g between the heaviest and lightest..yep im sad 😳

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘on-one not on it’ is closed to new replies.