Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • leg warmers – not the 80's variety…
  • dukeduvet

Anyone using the On One merino ones – what are they like size wise for very tall folks?

Any other recommendations on a budget.

Cheers

Haze

I went for the Santini ones from Prendas, keep the chill off and fit nice and snug without slipping around.

Not sure if they’re over budget, double the cost of the on-one’s.

dukeduvet

Thanks Haze for the tip but on a definite budget I’m afraid – Christmas, forthcoming baby too. On the other hand I need some to keep warm!

wwaswas

I’ve got some Specialized ones;

http://www.leisurelakesbikes.com/p/8803/specialized-knee-warmer?gclid=CKyJ1-LEm7sCFQrJtAodLXwA1w

never worn on a bike – I had a bad knee and got these to keep some warmth through my knee without pressure. Turns out that the grippy stuff at the top that stops them falling down disagrees with my skin so only actually wore them twice.

£12 posted?

dukeduvet

Thanks wwaswas for the offer but really want some full length ones

Edric64
    Free Member

Lusso ones are great had them for years

tom200

I’ve got some specialized ones, very good IMHO, £12 sounds like a bargain.

munkster
    Free Member

I bought the merino ones (knee warmers actually) from PX – snug enough on my tree trunk thighs.

Utterly useless. 3 miles in and they were round my ankles. Just deciding whether I CBA to send them back.

jamesy01
    Free Member

3 miles in and they were round my ankles

I thought the lack of silicone on the upper hem would be an issue however wearing them under the leg of my bibs seems good enough to hold them up.

They also seem plenty warm so far this winter.

munkster
    Free Member

however wearing them under the leg of my bibs seems good enough to hold them up.

So did I… 🙁

dukeduvet

thanks guys for all the advice.

I missed that the One one’s did not have a silicone gripper at the top. Sounds like a bad ommission

Think I’ll look at Lusso or Endura.

Does the lack of zip affect practicality?

emac65
    Free Member

I’ve been using some of the Funky ones merlin stock for the last couple of years…

dukeduvet

I’ve put a bid on some endura ones on ebay but to be honest wish I had read your tip emac first. The funky ones look great value and reviews very positive. If no luck with the endura’s Ill go for those.

Thanks everyone, much appreciated

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘leg warmers – not the 80's variety…’ is closed to new replies.