Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • On One Inbred, got frame, what rigid forks? Type and length?
  • dmorts

I’ve got my hands on an On One Inbred frame and now need to select some rigid forks.

The bike’s primary use will be commuting on roads, pavements, cycle paths etc. It will have relatively slim tyres (35-38). Secondly will be taking occasionally it for a spin in the hills on grotty days with much fatter tyres fitted. Thinking single speed too

So for type I have a choice of Steel or Carbon. At the same price are On One’s monocoque Carbon forks or Salsa Cromoto Grande’s. There is a large weight difference here 640g vs. 1080g

As for length, the sensible thing seems to be 470 ish mm A-C, but have seen pics of 29er bikes running what was stated at 425mm. Clearance might be an issue here

Currently leaning towards On One’s Carbon offering at 470mm

Yak

Exotics – 465mm. Spot on.

faustus

Probably go for the Exotic, the on-one carbon fork is made by them but more expensive.

I just got a steel (Tange infinity – still heavy tho) Charge fork brand new off ebay for £45, but the a-c is prob too big for you at 510mm. Assuming yours is a 26er.

dmorts

Frame is 29er

Don’t think this is made by eXotics – On One Monocoque is it?

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Not quite the same but I ran a Pace RC31 fork on my first SS Inbred a few years ago. Was silly light and noticeably comfier than a steel fork. Now run a Cromoto on my Curtis and whilst its nowhere near as light or comfy, its nice to not look down and see the fork legs moving backwards and forwards as they did on the carbon fork!

faustus

No, I was thinking of the other carbon forks…if yours is a 29er, then 510mm a-c will be equivalent of 100mm+ sus fork, so will be a slacker geo. That’s why I got the Charge fork as I wanted a bit more slack, and almost no others of that length i’ve yet found. The monocoque is a good price, but I don’t think it goes with the steel tubes of the frame quite as well though, but that’s just my opinion!

BillOddie

Surly Karate Monkey or Salsa Cro Moto Grande for steel options…

tobymc

I ran a pair of Singular forks on mine – not especially light, but very nice ride, and perfect geo (imho).

iwmunt
    Free Member

Got Pipedream infinity fork on mine. 26″ 650b and 29er compatible. Love em.

dmorts

I’ve asked Pipedream about their forks…. doesn’t seem much about them since 2012 on their website and Facebook though.

Might be edging towards a Salsa or Surly steel fork, mainly for longevity. Carbon one might not be as bash resistant but can always respray steel!

Looks wise, I think it would look a bit odd with a monocoque fork but not that bad. This one looks ok, but I think that’s due to the white and black combo.
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/d3R7gA]2012-09-01-18-36-46_982E56ED-468E-49B4-9FCC-6A8C246E9714[/url] by captaingazza, on Flickr

However, this looks a lot better (although will be heavier)

[url=https://flic.kr/p/cQSa1f]On-One Inbred 29er "Stalinowa Mandarynka"[/url] by On-One Bikes, on Flickr

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘On One Inbred, got frame, what rigid forks? Type and length?’ is closed to new replies.