Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • on-one inbred evolution
  • jten9
    Free Member

Was just wondering if someone could walk me through the evolution/history of the inbred? I’m particularly wondering what is meant when referring to the mk1 version?

My rough estimation is as follows:
    -Original inbred, 853 Reynolds
    -revision to DN6 tubing, top of top tube cable routing, chainstay bridge (I personally have and enjoy this frame)
    -revision to bottom of top tube routing, no chainstay bridge
    -revision for CEN standards (larger diameter top tube)

Somewhere in there is the anniversary 853 frame; and I’m not factoring in the 456 or summer season as I consider those different models.

Also, I think the mk1 was optimized for 65-80mm fork, while next generation (mk2?) is optimized for 80-100mm forks- 454mm a-c. Can anyone verify this?

I know to most people, these are pointless questions… but my inner bike geekness wants to know 🙂

Tia!

cynic-al
    Free Member

8 minutes and no responses.

WTF ❓

ski
    Free Member

Some info here 😉 jten9 😉

I love digging up old threads 😉

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/give-me-a-potted-history-of-the-one-one-456-frame-please

jten9
    Free Member

Thanks ski-

I did see that thread, there is some useful info towards the end. I was just hoping to find something more concrete…

I know some on here can recite the info off the top of their head ! 😉

I’m new here and not sure of the politics, but Brant could answer, though I understand if he would rather only deal with his current (and very cool) Ragley products…….

julianwilson
    Free Member

cynic-al – Member

8 minutes and no responses.

WTF

genuine lol 😀

where’s Poddy?

miketually
    Free Member

There’s a difference between frames with 2 or 3 top tube cable guides too.

jten9
    Free Member

Mine has 3 “tube” style guides on top of the top tube… I think its from around 2005.

brant
    Free Member

853 SS (no gussets, all frames have 90mm headtube)
    DN6 SS and geared with 2 cable guides on top tube (added gussets, DN6 tubing, revised slightly longer fork geometry)
    DN6 and geared with 3 cable guides on top tube (same geometry)
    DN6 and geared with 3 cable guides on top tube (same geometry, bolt on brake bosses)

its all getting a bit blurry now.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘on-one inbred evolution’ is closed to new replies.