Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • On-One hardtails
  • sadmadalan

On my second 456 (my better half sold the first one). The current one has the bits of my Superlight which I broke – if I break the 456, then I suspect that I may die doing it. Son No 2 just bought a 456EVo as his second bike. Love them

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Had 3 Inbreds, have one whippet frame ( for sale) as I ride the C456 so much it isnt used. C456 Mk1 is a great bike. Just rails everything and with 140 Fox Talas on the front is plush and perfect. Also have a Scandal 26 er for slick ride to work and the Mrs has a 14 inch Scandal for singlespeeding. Cant complain really other than smoothe headsets. The C456 is getting a rough time, but as its so cheap, i am not really worried, just want to ride is more and more and chainsuck is just a by product of wear…..

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I just think on one bike look right too. not flashy or bling, just right.
    a bike built just to do the job.

Nope, the lurcher is unforgivably ugly. And not in an ugly integrated TT/stem on an XC bike, or mondraker bulging top tube ugly or even a “what were the graphics designers thinking with that colour scheme” ugly. It’s just ugly!

plyphon
    Free Member

On One surely have grasped the concept of viral marketing and SEO

/tinfoilhat

Mounty_73

Some really good feedback…..cheers.

Looking at the On-One 45650B and the On-One 456 Evo 2.

Mounty_73

Which of the stores is best to visit; Barnsley or Sheffield?

stanleigh
    Free Member

I’ve had a Scandal 29er & Lurcher 29er . Both SS & the most fun bikes ever to ride !

Got to disagree with thisisnotaspoon , I think the Lurcher is a fantastic looking bike , built up as a rigid single speed anyway , the Scandal , well I love it , but my God , that us ugly !!

darrenspink
    Free Member

Love my 45650b. Got a raw, stuck 150 revelation forks on it and some flow ex’s and its a joy to thrash.

dan77
    Free Member

I’ve got a 456C, unfortunately It doesn’t get used as much as it should as I have a full suss as well and prefer that for the local trails, coming from a steel hard tail (P7) I thought I would feel stiffer but I have been pleasantly surprised so far,
    Might as well post a pic while I’m here

garage-dweller

Pink 456.
    Heavy, poor paint finish/cosmetics, cheap, looks well proportioned but above all else a hoot to ride and tough as flash fried brisket.

garage-dweller

Balls double post.

andygreener

Anyone got any experiences of the 456c evo?

endurokid
    Free Member

Loved my 456, wish I still had it.

andymc06
    Free Member

Got a 456c Evo. Great fun. Extremely stiff. Built with Pikes and Flow Ex on Pro II Evo, SLX brakes and Zee 1×10 drivetrain. It’s 26lbs and bullet proof!

(Neighbours fence and shocking drive!)

cfinnimore
    Free Member

I’m on my third 26 SS standard Inbred, with what is to my mind the best build it’s ever had.

26lbs which could be 23 without the DH spec bits.

It’s just “my” bike. It sinks like a stone if you like “getting air” but you’ll never break one.

Every time I go in the Edinburgh Planet x, I stroke my credit card, look at the silver 456 Evo, and go Naaaaah, I’m ok.

Milt
    Free Member

Really liked my Inbred & despite people saying they’re heavy, it weighed exactly the same as an 853 frame that replaced it. Not a big deal for me, but, for £250 or so difference in price I did hope for a bit of weight saving.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Just had a go on my old mans brand new 45650b.

Handles better than his mk2 nomad, I reckon he’s going to end up not riding that or buying a new full susser. Low, slack, good standover in the 16 inch model. Feels longer than it actually is in the top tube, at 182cm it felt a pretty good fit for me! It felt almost exactly the same as my Medium Nukeproof Mega, except that the tail was hard! I guess it does have a 60mm stem compared to my old 45 mm stem, I was thinking it would be awful going back to a longer stem but it’s actually pretty good.

27.5’s definitely roll over square edge hits a little better and you definitely feel more sat in the bike – it feels like a mini motocross bike. It’s a bike that is going to respond wonderfully to being muscled around and cuttied with one leg out round corners.

There’s no vertical compliance that I can feel other than the tyre, it’s stiff as hell. Funnily enough it feels like it has some lateral compliance though when manual/wheeling out of turns. Could be the tyre rolling though but I never felt that in his inbred, his Nomad or any of my previous bikes. Only in his Ibis Mojo that he had years ago. It gives the bike a wonderful amount of contact patch feeling and confidence in the bikes grip.

The finish isn’t that great though, it’s a raw and it came with a couple of pretty big marks in the top tube. The wheel tension is **** shite (luckily we can both build wheels) and the brakes need a bleed.

Earl
    Free Member

Sweet to hear Tom

mcnultycop

Newcastle weekend + by mcnultycop, on Flickr

My 26er Scandal is perfect for me. It needs a dropper, I’ve bought a Tmars for it but it weighs about as much as the frame so I can’t bring myself to fit it.

digger95
    Free Member

scandal 29er 21″ below, I will never sell it, first rode it rigid but now 120mm x-fusion trace forks make it a blast at trail centres with big tyres but still an xc weapon with light tyres. Its a cracker to ride but 26er hardtails will always be more fun – I’m selling an 853 steel 26er if interested, geared, better than an inbred and under 2.4kg 20″ frame.
    …sorry about the ridiculous collection of ancillaries and mud, MTBO tomorrow and it will be muddy + i need snacks

how to capture screen

Cheezpleez

I started with a 456 then got a slot dropout Inbred which I ran SS rigid and which was the only properly light bike I’ve ever had, then a C456 and a 29in limited edition SS Inbred. Now only have the C456 and I think that’s soon to go. All great bikes and I miss them all. Looking forward to a carbon Parkwood with slightly shorter chainstays that I can run SS. Come on On-One, you know you want to!

FOG

Had a Scandal which I sold to a mate and am plotting to liberate as he has lost interest in MTB and also a 456. This only lasted a year before I got fed up of its rather unsubtle charms and put the bits on another frame. However 2 years on the frame is still hung in the garage waiting for me to decide whether to sell or not. Every time there is an excess of bits eg just gone 29 so 26 wheels etc hanging around, I think about building it up again but can’t quite summon the commitment but can’t sell it either. Perhaps this is the year it appears as a winter hack.

danielgroves
    Free Member

Have a 29er Rigid Inbred, ridden numerous 456s.

thorpedo

456 Evo Carbon

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Big fan of the 456 here – been out for a great ride on my old That Blue this morning. They really are great bikes – value aside.

I’m sorely tempted by an Evo II and was wondering if anyone who’s got one knows if there’s cable routing / guides for the dropper, now they’ve made the seatpost diameter larger? Can’t quite make out from the pics if there are two open guides and the two closed ones for the gear cables?

Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘On-One hardtails’ is closed to new replies.