Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • on one frame sizing
  • rb
    Free Member

Hello im looking at getting a on one inbred frame but not sure what
    size im 5’10 and thinking about a 16″ or would i be better with a 18″
    your thoughts please.

Thanks

sv

If it’s for mainly xc then a 18inch, if you want to have more of a play bike then 16inch. On-One have a section on their website of riders/sizing etc. Enjoy!!!

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I’m about that height and have an 18″ Scandal and 456. But I know a lot of people would go for the 16″. I’d like to try a 16″ for the 456 but I think the 18″ is great for long days out which is the kind of riding I like. Sorry, probably not helped much. If you are near Edinburgh you could try one of mine.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ando227
    Free Member

Had a 16″ inbred and have an 18″ 456.
    There is little difference between the top tube lengths of both sizes so the only real difference is standover height..
    I am just shy of 6′.
    So if you are long legged go for the 18 or stumpy legged the 16.

jonb
    Free Member

I’m 5’10 and have had an 18″ for a while.

Looking at the geometry (available on on one’s site) there is 2″ difference in the standover and about 1/2″ in the top tube. There is masses of standover on my 18″. If you are already running a lot of seat post then the extra 2″ may limit your choices and make it more likely you’ll damage posts.

Personally I’d say 18″ .

rb
    Free Member

Thanks for the input, thinking it could be a 18 but
    will see if i can find one local to try

rb
    Free Member

Thanks for the input, thinking it could be a 18 but
    will see if i can find one local to try

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

5’10 and on a 16″ here, but I know I like ~22.5″ top tubes which is what the 16″ has (On Ones are long and low compared to some other brands).

Pic of it when freshly built, gives an idea of the “look” of the seatpost extension (350mm with plenty spare before min insertion line).

edit; where is local, there must be a 456-owning STWer near you it is such a cliche bike here (I’m near Oxford FWIW).

takisawa2

5’9″ here on a 16″. Probably right on the top limit for it to be honest. Looks like I have lots of seatpost showing, but not near the max line (410mm).(I’d also just adjusted the post in the pic, & had to lower it about an inch.)
    On the other hand a mate is about the same size, maybe a smidgen more. He runs an 18″ & thinks the 16″ would have been better. It’s a difficult call, but having made the mistake of buying too large a size before I’d sooner err on the smaller size.

21022010229 by pten2106, on Flickr

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘on one frame sizing’ is closed to new replies.