Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • On-One Fatty – any good?
  • rocketman
    Free Member

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/CBOOFATX5/on_one_fatty

Could fit one of these in the shed but it would have to be 90% useful around Cannock which is all up-and-down 100m climbs on sandy/pebbly terrain with a few obstacles thrown in. I couldn’t justify it for beach/snow/niche riding.

Would it be any good for trail centre duties or is it a non-starter?

Cheers

scotroutes

It’s designed as a trail bike

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Ive taken my 9:Zero:7 around Cannock a fair few times, and that was fun..
    Can’t see the On-One being any worse.

As Colin says, its designed as a trail bike..

JoeG
    Free Member

I have one, and while it is no doubt more capable than a regular mtb in mud and snow, I plan to ride trails with it all year. I never rode a fatbike before, but I really like it. In fact, I haven’t ridden my regular full suspension bike since before Christmas. 😳

Mugboo

Think I’ll buy one second hand when everbody is bored of em..

epicyclo

Try here FatBikes UK

You may have to wait a while…

charliedontsurf

Bored..? . My pugsley would be one of the first bikes I would save in a fire.

Whilst not the lightest, fastest, best handling, most logical bike in my quiver, it’s the most fun by miles (slow soft giggly miles) Anyone who has become bored of a fat bike, has become bored of fun.

Living by beaches is a bonus, but it’s fun everywhere.

scruff
    Free Member

Fat bike makes alot of sense at Cannock Chase due to the shiney pebbles sometimes being a bit slippy and there is like some bits of sand about n’that. Last year 29ers where needed for slippey pebbles and sand but this year 29ers just arent up to the task. Year before that 96ers got the job done, and before that 26 inch rigid singlespeeds.

rocketman
    Free Member

slow soft giggly miles

Is that a reasonable summary of the fat bike experience?

jamj1974

Fat bike makes alot of sense at Cannock Chase due to the shiney pebbles sometimes being a bit slippy and there is like some bits of sand about n’that. Last year 29ers where needed for slippey pebbles and sand but this year 29ers just arent up to the task. Year before that 96ers got the job done, and before that 26 inch rigid singlespeeds.

Oh yes – for sure! You nearly had me there 😉

surlynot
    Free Member

Think I’ll buy one second hand when everbody is bored of em..

Does not compute.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

How would one of those fair around the Peaks?

Grizla
    Free Member

Mine has seen more towpath miles than anything else since I got it.
    I’ve not wanted to ride anything else though.

Maybe in the “summer” when the trails are “dry and quick” I’ll prefer something a bit more agile.

Fatty’s great for cruising though.

The only downside (for me) is all the attention it draws.

epicyclo

Fatbikes destroy your relationship with your other bikes. You end up finding excuses not to use your other bikes – even for short road trips….

Stiggy

At the stupidly wet Gravity Enduro at Coedy last year the bloke with the biggest grin (and beard) was on a fatbike!

Mantastic
    Free Member

Pugsley and moonlander owner here. I ride mine on forest trails, superb. Anyone want to buy an Orange 5 20inch?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘On-One Fatty – any good?’ is closed to new replies.