Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • On-One El Guapo Ancho bars
  • julioflo
    Free Member

Hi,
    I may be being a bit thick, but what is there a diference in rise between the Ancho and the Ancho B bars?

On-one’s website shows the Ancho’s to be 810 wide and the Ancho B’s to be 760 wide, and it states both to have 20mm rise. BUT the Ancho doesn’t look like it has 20mm rise in the photos?

Anyone know the facts?

somouk
    Free Member

The photos seem hard to guess what rise they have as they’re all at angles. Probably best just to call On One up.

plus-one

I’ve a set of ancho b bars(removed from bike) new if interested ? 🙂

flyingmonkeycorps

Also intrigued by this, I was looking at the Ancho bars (the 810mm ones).

julioflo
    Free Member

plus one -thanks, but looking for a very low rise and 20mm, if they are 20mm rise will be too much.

DeeW
    Free Member

If these are the bars that come on the On-One Codeine full builds they are pretty much flat

brant
    Free Member

I will get our content guys to check this page.

slackman99
    Free Member

Pics on the site aren’t always what you’re going to get. Ordered some ‘small’ swapout bolts for the steel frames. Received some very very long bolts probably for the carbon frame. Mate had exactly the same issue. Long story short, pics don’t equal what you actually get.

brant
    Free Member

Pics on the site aren’t always what you’re going to get. Ordered some ‘small’ swapout bolts for the steel frames. Received some very very long bolts probably for the carbon frame. Mate had exactly the same issue. Long story short, pics don’t equal what you actually get.

Was that recently? As I got told we had lost 473 sets of long bolts today.
    I wonder if someone put them in the wrong box :-/

slackman99
    Free Member

Brant

My mate ordered them last week and mine were ordered Thursday or Friday last week, so very recently.

brant
    Free Member

Brant

My mate ordered them last week and mine were ordered Thursday or Friday last week, so very recently.

Brilliant. Thanks.

flyingmonkeycorps

Let us know when you find out the rise Brant, you might have a sale (I’ve just found £40 in my Paypal account!)

brant
    Free Member

Go here
    http://www.on-one.co.uk/s?q=ancho

Ancho B has rise.
    Ancho other one has 12mm
    Ancho flat hasn’t.

I’m trying to get that tidied up.

flyingmonkeycorps

Awesome, cheers Brant. Now if you could put the Ancho on the same offer as the Ancho B that would be lovely too!

(Just kidding. Mostly.)

julioflo
    Free Member

Brant, thanks this is good news. Thought the Ancho looked a low rise, which is what I was after.

JoeG
    Free Member

The website is still screwed up!

And I tried to get the Ancho/Ancho B mess straightened out waaayyy back in March of 2013 as I liked the bar on my Fatty, and wanted a wider bar for the FS. But the website was so confusing about width/rise/correct photo that I gave up and bought a RaceFace bar instead. 😐

This is still in the both the Ancho and Ancho B description:

These El Guapo Ancho bars come in at a whopping 760mm wide. That’s nearly 32 inches if you remember a time before Channel 4.

And this is on the Ancho page along with the above:

If your riding is sub-800mm wide super tight and twisty trees then fair enough. Stick to your narrow bars.

But the dropdown box on the Ancho page has only an 810 mm width…

🙄

flyingmonkeycorps

Just got my Ancho’s in the post. They’re 810mm (at a guess, I’ve not measured) with a teeny rise (Brant’s 12mm looks right) and seem reasonably light given how wide they are.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘On-One El Guapo Ancho bars’ is closed to new replies.