Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • On One decals
  • PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Firstly, anybody got the On*One downtube and ‘splat logo’ headtube badge that I can give to a sign printers to get some made up please?

These ones:

IMG_7258 by PeterPoddy, on Flickr
    (Not the Inbred bit though)

Secondly, anybody any idea what the font is?

Thirdly, anybody got any ideas for designs for decals for a carbon 456 they wouldn’t mind sharing? (The standard ones are foul)

I’m thinking grey/dark grey maybe a bit of white but no colours
    Simple and classy
    Use of the ‘Splat’ logo for the headtube
    456 written rather than as numerals ‘FourFiveSix’ or with the words in some other arrangement

(Elfin, if you read this, YGM already!)

Thanks in advance! 🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Pft. Why not have something unique and stylish instead? 😕

poppa
    Free Member

Looking forward to seeing this carbon build when complete. You better start weeding your garden.

soma_rich
    Free Member

I have a pewter on-one head tube badge but no on-one to put it on. I could be persuaded to part with it…

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Rich, Really? Pic? Price? 😀

soma_rich
    Free Member

Pete not got any pics as I was going to buy another Scandal to put it on. But I dont know £20?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I might be interested!

I’ve not got the frame yet but if you can send me a pix….. 🙂

wwaswas

PP/Soma – the headtube’s tapered so unless the badge is maleable(sp?) you may find it won’t fit flush?

scholarsgate
    Free Member

YGM

soma_rich
    Free Member

ahhh yes. It was originally on my steel 456 and I doubt it would fit a tapered head tube. Though its quite a soft metal.

Saccades
    Free Member

I have the original on-one inbred Tiff file (infinteable scaleable thingy) if you want me to mail it to you? The thing printere use on their machines.

I’m interested in the pewter badge – I have a 456ebb in teflon grey it would look good on…

And just found the EPS file that also has the 456 flames from the Ti frames as well, which printers use.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I was just thinking about the big headtube actually…. 🙁

Anyway, back to my OP? 😉

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Saccades, yes please! 🙂

Email in profile 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Saccades, yes please! 🙂

Email in profile 🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Can’t think why you’d want to spend all that money, then advertise the product as well… 😕

When you could have an exclusive über-niche design that others will drool over and could only dream of having themselves….

Scenario: Trail Centre Car Park, just before a ride:

Ooh! what a lovely bike! What is it??

Oh it’s actually a one-off custom carbonium frame I had made for me by people what make Formula One cars’

Where it is from I can get one?? I must have one!!!

You cannot, as you are not worthy I’m afraid.

Oh no my life is a failure, even though I earn over thirty-five thousand pounds a year. 😥

Think I might have a sandwich. Mm, Bressaola and Belgian paté…

Saccades
    Free Member

sent!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Thanks for all the emails everyone, I’m walking the dog, I’ll have alook and reply later 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Can’t think why you’d want to spend all that money, then advertise the product as well.

I like any ‘vehicle’ standard. I like subtle alterations that make people wonder what’s been changed. I think inventing a brand based on your nickname is, errrr how do I put this….? A bit lame….. Sorry. No offence meant, I just do.

So it’s On-One on the down tube, splat head badge, 456/FourFiveSix on the top tube. 😀 That’s final….. 😆

sv

Love that paintjob – saving up for mine (pastel blue).

soma_rich
    Free Member

Scholarsgate still interested? PP doesnt want it?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Correction: PP would love it, but he’s certain it won’t fit a mahoosive tapered headtube! 🙁

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I think inventing a brand based on your nickname is, errrr how do I put this….? A bit lame.

Well you are wrong.

What about Cotic? You had a Cotic, din’t you? What’s the difference?

When you have the opportunity for something really unique and personal, I can’t understand why you want something similar to loads of other people.

I would prefer it if all bikes came un-stickered. More scope to personalise it then.

Sticking company decals to a frame when you don’t have to, is aobut as stylish as wearing something like this:

I think I have made my point clearly enough. You know that I am right, Now stop messing about being silly, please.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

No.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Sod it. I’ll just cut holes in the ‘O’s with the supplied decals. That’ll do me. A scalpel to cut round the top of a glass will do that just fine. 🙂

cinnamon_girl

Lol at this thread!

Pete – what d’yer wannna a plastic bike for? 😉

Elf – deep breath then let it out slowly, counting to 10.

And relax. 😀

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Pete – what d’yer wannna a plastic bike for?

Soot and plastic I’ll have you know!

And at least I don’t have half a dozen bikes that are all the same…..! 🙄 😉

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

CG, you’ve not seen the emails either!

Oh I love him dearly, but he’s like a little terrier that you can’t stop humping your leg, when he makes his mind up…..

cinnamon_girl

My apologies! Who has loads of bikes the same then?

Could have sworn I saw you riding a different bike at Swinley recently. 😉

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

My apologies! Who has loads of bikes the same then?

You. About eleventy-seven identical hardtails!

Could have sworn I saw you riding a different bike at Swinley recently.

Exaxtly. Different = Not the same!

😉

jonb
    Free Member

Priceshaggers have a few headtube badges on ebay. Black and gold, black and silver and red and silver

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/One-Classic-Retro-Head-Tube-Badge-Black-Silver-49-/300504849207?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item45f77c1b37

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Why not have a fetching Mint Sauce head badge made?

All we need, is someone with a Mint Sauce keyring…

It’s true though CG; you have had quite a few very similar hardtails! 😀

RestlessNative
    Free Member

I got one of them pewter head tube badges off Geoff Moorhouse recently, it was £16. Might be worth dropping him a mail and see if he could do anything to fit a different headtube size

gemo at f2s.com

Andy

PeterPoddy – Member
    Oh I love him dearly, but he’s like a little terrier that you can’t stop humping your leg, when he makes his mind up…..

😆

snowslave

The splat is actually the centre of the White rose of yaarkshire btw. Erm, unless you invert the colours on a pewter badge of course. This is the equivalent of summoning the devil in yaarkshire probably

tazzymtb

I’ve got one of the priceshaggers headtube badges, I wasn’t expecting much given the price of the thing but it looks ace. It won’t fit a funny flared headtube made of string and glue though 😕

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

It won’t fit a funny flared headtube made of string and glue though

SOOT AND PLASTIC!!!! 😉

D’ya think it would bend a bit, or is it really solid? 🙂

robdob
    Free Member

This is a guess but I think if it’s pewter then it’s probably cast, so might not like being bent at all.

tazzymtb

PP to be fair it’s a nice thin metal so if the flair isn’t too extreme on the headtube it should be fine. It’s so cheap it’s not really a gamble is it.

anyway you know it’s not soot and plastic…..it’s

weeble
    Free Member

Soma_rich if you’ve not sold the headbadge I’ll take it off your hands.

Sorry for the thread hyjack

soma_rich
    Free Member

Weeble ygm.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘On One decals’ is closed to new replies.