Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • On-one (cromo) rigid forks users
  • technicallyinept
    Free Member

Anyone using these with the bolt on v/canti adapters?

The shop say 'canti mounts available separately' but I can only find the adapters listed under 'frame spares' http://on-one.co.uk/i/q/FSOOCBS/on-one-bolt-on-canti-bosses—m6-thread

I have a pair of these from an inbred frame and they don't fit the forks, what with seat stays being a much smaller diameter than fork legs.

technicallyinept
    Free Member

no one?

the-muffin-man

Those aren't for forks – they are only for the seat-stays of older on-one frames.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I've a set of rim brake bossed inbred forks if you want them? White, barely used, no idea of steerer length, (presumably enough for most on-one frames).

technicallyinept
    Free Member

muffin man – I can see they aren't for forks but there aren't any others listed on the site. An email from on-one suggests these are all that's available 🙁

thisisnotaspoon – interested in your forks, any chance you could check the axel-crown measure and steerer length, my email is in my profile

the-muffin-man

As far as I know (I stand to be corrected though!) there have never been retro-fittable v-brake mounts for the cromo forks. They were available for the carbon forks but these are obviously a larger diameter.

tron
    Free Member

I can't see why On-one would put two bolts in each fork leg, except to attach brake bosses!

Boggo forks that came with an inbred will be 190mm steerer and around 430 axle to crown if memory serves.

leeroybrown
    Free Member

spoon who much are you looking at for the forks?

technicallyinept
    Free Member

To confirm, the only bolt-on canti mounts available are for fitting to a frame. Not surprisingly, they don't fit forks 🙁

So, it seems the 'v-brake compatible' version of the cromo forks aren't actually v-brake compatible', they just come with 4 free holes 🙁

epicyclo

Are you talking about the hole for canti bosses on the fork?

Take the fork into a locally owned bike workshop – odds are they will have them – there are different size threads. Not so likely from a shiny large retail store.

technicallyinept
    Free Member
    epicyclo

That's a pair of canti bosses and a frame mounting kit. The frame mounting kit isn't used with the fork.

My On-One fork has screw in canti bosses just like those. It's possible they are the M8 thread, but I haven't removed them to find out.

Got a pic of your fork? The current model forks look different to mine.

technicallyinept
    Free Member

We're clearly talking about different things, on the 'new' v-brake compatible forks you can't just screw in a cylindrical canti-stud.

The new forks are here http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/FOOOCR26DV/on-one-cromo-26er-mtb-fork-v-brake–disc
    (twin holes on each leg clearly visible on the picture of the white forks, note mention of mounts at £14.99)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘On-one (cromo) rigid forks users’ is closed to new replies.