Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • On One Codeine Cracked
  • neilb43
    Free Member

Evening
    Crack on weld to chain stay by chain ring.
    Can it be repaired????
    Frame is 3 years old.

konanige

Mine went in same place but was still in warranty so PX replaced it FOC, might be worth having a word with them, they do have chainstays listed for other bikes and they don’t seem too dear.

neilb43
    Free Member

Thanks
    think their warranty is 2 years.
    plus im not the original owner

Could it be welded?

superstu
    Free Member

Is this a common issue with them?

Generally on similar threads the answer is that welding/repairing aluminium is a non starter.

neilb43
    Free Member

🙁

enigmas
    Free Member

A mate had one fail in the same place, was within warranty though and it seemed a surprisingly trouble free experience.

If out of warranty though I’d say welding would be a no go in that area unfortunately. Very little material depth and constantly under high levels of stress (and the need to anneal afterwards).

neilb43
    Free Member

okay. great….would it be worth giving them a call?

Rickos
    Free Member

Yes, call them and see if they’ll sell you the chainstays only. Got to be worth a shot.

neilb43
    Free Member

ok….cheers will do

Lester
    Free Member

version 1 was prone to cracking, especially by enthusiastic riding, i think they binned version 1s and created version 2.
    if you arent sure which version you have, there is a difference at the bottom behind the bottom bracket and the shock mount is different. look at readers rides on the on one site and you can see the difference in the frames

ir_bandito
    Free Member

eeek. I’m racing the Mega on mine tomorrow

[goes off to look at chainstays]

ahwiles
    Free Member

…look at readers rides on the on one site and you can see the difference in the frames…

Hmm, looks like the early versions has asymmetrical chainstays, the left is straight, the driveside is dropped…

(And maybe less reinforcement around the head-tube…?)

neilb43
    Free Member

Customer service not open over the weekend.
    Will see if they sell new chainstays.
    Or a new frame? Do you think its worth asking for a discount, frames are £450 at the moment.
    Gutted its a great bike.

csb

A bike frame should last longer than 3 years before acceptably becoming scrap shouldn’t it? Under whatever regs apply now I’m sure you’d have a good case, regardless of the warranty period the seller states.

neilb43
    Free Member

Ordered another codeine frame from on one.Did get some money off.
    In the mean time welded up the chainstay.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘On One Codeine Cracked’ is closed to new replies.