Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • On one Codeine 29 thoughts
  • alexs96
    Free Member

Hi

Im thinking about buying a 29 on one codeine but i wont have a chance to test ride it. this will be my first bike that isn’t a 26″ i mostly ride somewhat gnarly single trail in the uk. what are people thoughts on the bike im apprehensive about what its like to corner. but it sounds like a beast in a straight line.

Cheers

bowglie

I’ve not owned a Codeine, but have a bad bike buying habit, so have owned quite a few 29ers (full sus and hardtails), as well as some nice 26ers. Ive found that, once you adapt your cornering style, there’s not as big a difference as some people like to make out (apart from when you go back to a short travel 26 bike and it rattles your eyeballs out!)
    Oh, and flat out speed on a 29er can get ridiculous:))

IME, in faster corners, just stand up and lean the bike more – turning your hips into the corner can also help. In the end though, you can watch all the YouTube clips you want and listen to old farts like me on here – but, by far the best is to invest a few quid in a skills lesson with a good instructor who rides, or is familiar with riding a 29er. I did a lesson with Chris Ball (Dirtschool) at Glentress a few years ago, and by the end of the day, you’d think I was on a bmx bike……all the tosh some people come up with about 29ers is just that…Tosh! It all expends on how you ride them:)

Lester
    Free Member

Alex, if you are thinking about buying one, im putting mine up for sale, its a large in blue, with cane creek double barrel.
    its the stronger version two, comes with Marzocchi coffee 140 forks and xt brakes and a dropper, im getting 29er wheels to go on my 650b+
    and in excellent condition with no marks on it 🙂

alexs96
    Free Member

How much would you be looking to get for it? Ive got my eye on one with a pair of pikes and a crane creek double barrel for £1000.

Cheers
    A

Lester
    Free Member

about the same Alex
    id just say make sure you get the v2 not the v1 they were prone to cracking. if you cant tell the difference ill send you some pics to check what the other one is. the rear triangle where the chain stays join the chain, and the shock link is different

Rorschach
    Free Member

I loved mine and would still have it, if it was’nt 40mm too short and 2lbs too heavy.

Lester
    Free Member

i dont find mine too short, Brand who designed them is two inches taller than me and loved his medium, they may be slightly short by todays standards but i didnt find it too cramped, and its my lightest bike at 31 lb for a large

Lester
    Free Member

sent you a private message alex so as not to hijack the thread

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘On one Codeine 29 thoughts’ is closed to new replies.