Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • On One Chunky Monkey 29×2.4
  • matty456
    Free Member

Anyone use one of these as a back tyre? I’ve got one on the front and a Smorgasbord on the back currently. New frame allows for a bigger tyre. Price not bad either!

Bregante

I did run one on the karate monkey for a while but it was on a rabbit hole rim. Came up Huge – in a good way. Obviously they’re a weighty thing though I can’t say I noticed it when I was riding. Nice and grippy but I find the smorg plenty grippy enough on my fs and I no longer have the km.

nuke

Nice and grippy but I find the smorg plenty grippy enough on my fs.

This for me, CM is after all just a wider Smorg…CM too draggy for my general riding imo; i save the CM for trips away

carlos
    Free Member

Ran CM’s front and rear for a trip to Sierra Nevada in Spain a couple of years back. Didn’t really notice the drag as mostly uplifted but they coped well with mixed surfaces and grip levels, soaked up the smaller stuff with thier volume and on the whole performed quite well.

This was in 26″ guise, though I’d guess the 29’er versions are just the same but larger diameter

andyjh

Mate of mine loves them on his SC Tallboy. He’s been running Maxxis for ages but these have become hard to get hold of so he tried the CM as a front and liked it. We recently did a long weekend in Wales taking in BPW and Afan so he put one on the back also and had nothing but good things to say about the grip.

teethgrinder

Running a 26″ CM on the back of my Spitfire – like it better than the Smorg.

matty456
    Free Member

Thanks pips. It is for a Karate Monkey. Got a CM on an OO inbred 29er frame at the mo I’ll be getting another for the KM build.

Bregante

In that case…

😀

scandal42
    Free Member

I **** love the Chunky Monkey, its so confidence inspiring (29 and 26)

coomber
    Free Member

Bregante its liking life in Devon is your km. Just about to go 2.5″ on the front.. maxxis minnion dhf

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘On One Chunky Monkey 29×2.4’ is closed to new replies.