Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • on-one centrelock adapter…how does it work ?
  • simonm
    Free Member

Just purcahsed a centrelock wheelset and centre lock adapter from on-one but can't figure out how the adapter works. I've fitted the rotor to the adapter, placed it on hub, but the centrelock disc used to tighted up the whole arrangement hits the rotor heads. There was another screw type cap that came with the adapter but the OD of this is the same as the OD of the hub centrelock so doesnt work. Can anyone shed any light on whats wrong, have on-one simply sent the wrong centrlock adapter cap ?

thanks for help.

Adapter is here

Oggles
    Free Member

I've never used one, but have you tried to attach it to the hub before fitting the disc?
    Then bolt the rotor on, so the centrelock wotsit won't be in the way.

Stevoisonone
    Free Member

Simonm, you can ask us on our website, but basically i will try to explain how it works…. The On-One hub has a rubber band that covers the centre lock. The IS 6bolt adaptor mounts on the the CL then pinches up with the bolt clamp. At this point it will not move. The Rotor then bolts to the clamp. You will be left with 2 CL covers, as both covers will clash with the rotor bolt heads. I hope this helps, please contact me or call the office if you want a phone convo to sort??
    Cheers Stevo

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    nuke

So where's the thin black spacer/washer supposed to go?

Been using the O-O centrelock adaptor for over a year now with an XT rear hub. Works fine but never had any use for the black washer bit…could never figure out where it was supposed to go. The cover that comes with the adaptor seems to have little use but I did put it on the hub just to keep the grime out.

I do have a O-O 29er wheelset and did experience same probs as OP as the diameter of the cap is different from the hub…I just bought CL rotors though.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘on-one centrelock adapter…how does it work ?’ is closed to new replies.