Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • on-one build?
  • sam69
    Free Member

would i be able to build a nice 456 for around £500,i wanted to buy the frame forks wheels new the rest 2nd,can it be done or am i being a silly boy?

riddoch

frame £200
    Wheels crossrides £145
    by the time you have bought new forks there isn’t much left in the kitty.

Stoner
    Free Member

tricky. On-One frame and (Revs) fork bundles are £500 at the moment, although that includes headset and seat clamp.

Rigid steel frame and forks is £260 with cheapest O-O wheels at £130, only leaves you £110 for your drivetrain and finishing kit. Can be done, especially SS, but you’ll be scouring the classifieds.

Jaz1979
    Free Member

there’s an advert that’s been up a couple of times now for a medium 456 in choc

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/on-one-456-18-chocolate-brown-metallic-6

rickon
    Free Member

Buy it all secondhand and you may get a little close, if you go for a lower end groupset, maybe some SLX and Deore.

There’s nothing wrong with secondhand, as long as you do your homework.

miketually
    Free Member

i wanted to buy the frame forks wheels

Buy these second hand too; save a fortune.

brant
    Free Member

We will have a lovely complete 456 Evo bike coming soon – X5, Sektors – for £699-£799 depending on what the £:$ does.

cookeaa

What have you already got in the shed? the spares bin is the first place to go when money is tight IME…

I think realistically you have to be looking mostly at 2nd hand parts given your budget, including the frame and fork, but the good news is that there’s plenty about…

What specifically are you looking to build it up like? 1×9, with a basic 100mm fork? Single speed? all singing all dancing 150mm Airsrung super forks, 2X10 Drive, post brakes and fancy wheels?

Ebay and classifieds are the place to look…

GlitterGary
    Free Member

brant – When will that be out? Sounds like a good deal indeed. Oh, and will the Evo frame come in any more colours? (Glow in the dark, maybe?)

thomthumb
    Free Member

second hand frame & wheels & new forks would save cash.

new forks as there’s more to go wrong.

i reckon you could have a 456 frame, respray & still have change from £150

brant
    Free Member

brant – When will that be out? Sounds like a good deal indeed. Oh, and will the Evo frame come in any more colours? (Glow in the dark, maybe?)

We have all the parts landing on Thursday, we’re building a demo up, shooting it, sending it to Jonesy at Dirt.
    Production ones will be ready to dispatch to customers in Mid May.

Bikes will be matt raw with Orange. No plans for G.I.D. But that’s me being stubborn.

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

shooting it

Poor little feller.. He didn’t stand a chance!

v666ern
    Free Member

We will have a lovely complete 456 Evo bike coming soon – X5, Sektors – for £699-£799 depending on what the £:$ does.

just worked out my mrs phone contract is £1000…now i have a bartering position! 😀

WANT

sam69
    Free Member

ok thanks guys

andyl
    Free Member

DIY glow in the dark: http://www.rustoleumspraypaint.com/product/glow-dark

Wish I had spotted it before I built this inbred for a friend as I would have resprayed it.

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

I built up an Inbred single speed for about £350 but I already had some forks so you might struggle but worth a try.

Brant- Do you know how long the 456 EVO frame with the mat raw finish will be available? It looks amazing but I don’t have the funds just yet. Cheers.

brant
    Free Member

Brant- Do you know how long the 456 EVO frame with the mat raw finish will be available? It looks amazing but I don’t have the funds just yet. Cheers.

It’s an ongoing model. What I’m trying to do with on-one is make sustainable consistent models that run for a season/year.

So frames and indeed bikes will be available like a “normal” bike company 🙂

v666ern
    Free Member

so anyone bought one yet…how is it!?

Duffer
    Free Member

So frames and indeed bikes will be available like a “normal” bike company

An interesting business model… It’ll never catch on, though.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘on-one build?’ is closed to new replies.