Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • On-One 45650B or something else?
  • jonnyblease
    Free Member

Hi all – I’m looking at a 650B hardtail for around £1000-1200. I’ll mainly be doing local loops and trail centres on the bike for when my trail bike is out of action or the weather is bad or if I fancy livening up a boring trail centre ride…

I’ve been looking at On One 45650B. Seems good value for money and spec is decent. I like the idea of a steel frame and home grown brand.

Reviews only look OK, they talk about high BB and high handlebar/upright position. Anyone got one?

Is there any other bikes I should look at?

Cheers

akira

Got one and agree a little bit, front end does end up quite high but that’s what you get with a long fork. No spacers under stem and low rise bar fix this. You just have to ride with your weight a bit further forward and really work the front tyre, overall it’s a blast.

s1255
    Free Member

Hi

I have had one for about the last year, and used it mainly at the local Trail Centre (Glentress, its only 10 minutes down the road), really can only echo whats been said above, goes down hills better than up!

So far the only issue has been the rear wheel freewheel developed abit of movement, but given that I have destroyed freewheels on previous Cannondales/Pinnacles etc probably points toward so so OEM on bikes at this price point, or my mahoosively strong manly thighs are to much for them!

chakaping
    Free Member

I’d consider one of these for it’s more modern geometry. Highly likely to be lighter too…
    http://shop.birdmtb.com/zero-tr.html

martinkiely
    Free Member

Another thumbs up here – great fun descending, good on the climbs – I bought a frame and built up from there as funds allowed, so can be a cheap way if you’ve already got some kit you can use. Frame far exceeds my ability – though that’s not saying much!

essexbiker
    Free Member

I’d throw a Sonder Transmitter in the mix

dannyh
    Free Member

Another thumbs up here. Ride great – it is by far a better bike than I am rider. Where else can you get a decent steel hardtail with a dropper for less than £1,200?

I know someone will accept that challenge, but if it helps the OP, then all good.

I got the ‘second’ model in the range (Sektor fork, 1×11 drivetrain with optional reverb and pedals for £1,167.

Having looked around a bit, and taking into account that it was a replacement for a 456 evo 2 that got nicked, I really couldn’t consider buying anything else.

trailhound101

I bought a 45650b almost a year ago and it’s been great. It’s been my go-to bike for just about everything. It suits my riding – love it!

leftyboy
    Free Member

+1 for the Bird Zero-TR I got one just before Christmas and it’s a superb bike, handles well, is stiff but comfortable and not too heavy. My old 456 was not bad in any way except for when a large lump of flint ripped the rear mech off and bent the dropout and hanger so badly it wasn’t repairable!

jonnyblease
    Free Member

Thanks a lot for the replies people 🙂

I’m now looking at the Bird TR. Some good reviews for the on-one too.

Size wise I’m 5ft9 (and a half!) would I be better off with a 16″ or 18″? I ride a Kona 153DL Medium if that helps.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘On-One 45650B or something else?’ is closed to new replies.