Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • on one 456 – what 'year' had rack eyelets?
  • hora
    Free Member

456 frame – I didn’t know that they came with rack eyelets? Obviously talking about an older one

slugwash
    Free Member

Steel?

Don’t they all have them? My one from last year does?

druidh
    Free Member

I thought they all did – including the original Ti ones.

igm

Mine that I’m currently taking apart and will be selling does he said hopefully.

ratadog

My steel 456 in that blue that was one of the original complete bikes does ( ?2007? )

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

My 2008(I think, it’s a red one) has them.

jonba
    Free Member

Mine does, think it was from the second batch

rexated
    Free Member

i thought only the carbon ones had eyelets.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

my 2008 summer season has them

andyl
    Free Member

carbon one doesnt. Unfortunately.

I am sure they could be easily added to the swap out but for the frame i guess you could use a seat clamp with rack mounts. No QR ones around though.

dufresneorama
    Free Member

My 456 says inbred and also has them

andyl
    Free Member

Crikey that looks chunky. Does it come in red? 😀

ken_shields
    Free Member

andyl – Member

Why would you buy a 150mm travel hardtail and fit a rack or an I missing something?

druidh
    Free Member

ken_shields – Member

Why would you buy a 150mm travel hardtail and fit a rack or an I missing something?Maybe you can only afford to have one bike? Maybe you like the slack handling and still want to carry some luggage? Or am I missing something?

mamadirt
    Free Member

New Summer Seasons do too.

andyl
    Free Member

ken_shields – Member
    andyl – Member
    Why would you buy a 150mm travel hardtail and fit a rack or an I missing something?

It’s the same geometry as the steel 456 this thread is about. No one asked this question for the steel one.

I don’t have a 150mm fork on my C456. I quite like it with my fork at 100 or 130mm. I don’t see what the fork has to do with it anyway.

I might want to go treking on my nice light carbon hardtail. Just because it can take a long fork does that exclude it from other things bike can be used for?

🙂

ampthill

Its important that all bikes are confined to a tight niche. A bike for touring, a bike for jumping a bike for downhill. This is the thin end of a dangerous wedge. Whatever next drop bars off road, people commuting on mountain bikes…..

It’ll all end in tears

ken_shields
    Free Member

ampthill – Member

Its important that all bikes are confined to a tight niche.

How can bike shops be expected to survive if we all start using bikes for more than one thing? 😉

ampthill

Ken I couldn’t agree more

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘on one 456 – what 'year' had rack eyelets?’ is closed to new replies.