Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • on-one 456 Ti vs Cove Hummer
  • Spankmonkey
    Free Member

Right, which would you choose for general XC, Trail centres and Welsh Mountains, do it all, all day rides. Got the option of either, almost tempted to buy both… but I think my wife would kill me. Guess my main question is are they that different? used to have an Airbourne lancaster Ti and loved it, want some Ti goodness back… now the hummer is cheaper by a bit but then a few years older than the 456. So which one and why?

jedi

what year hummer?

Black
    Free Member

Hummer. The ti456 is a differnt type of ride. You're really over the top of front end all of the time on the ti456. The Hummer is slightly harsher, but I think it has better all day Geometry.

I've ridden both.

jedi

black, what? you go otb on the on-one?

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

the hummer would be an 06

Black
    Free Member

No, no… you misunderstand. The riding position on the OO is father forward than on the Hummer due to the small headtube and lowish stack height. In order to get it comfortable I had to use at least a 140mm fork (160 was better, but handled like a pig) with decent risers and stem stack.

jedi

oh cool

Black
    Free Member

My Hummer was an 07. Not sure if the 06s still had the chainsuck issues?

poppa
    Free Member

I must admit I found my (steel) 456 to have a much lower handlebar height than my old hardtail. I think it is great for the handling of the bike, but you might not like it for comfort reasons.

jedi

mines an 03 hummer and i wouldnt give it away for the world

Alex

It's mine, so it's not fair for me to comment. But I had one case of chainsuck on the first ride, switched to Shimano and never had an issue since. Home now Matt, pics coming.

Right, I'll butt out. As you were Gentlemen 🙂

Stripe
    Free Member

Without doubt……… HUMMER !

Amazing ride….love it.

bobster
    Free Member

Hummer's rock.

Only briefly hopped on the 456 though.

Prefer my nice 2010 Lynskey built Hummer to the previous 08 Litespeed one – but both great.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘on-one 456 Ti vs Cove Hummer’ is closed to new replies.