Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • On one 456 summer season – Does it climb well?
  • bongo136
    Free Member

Hi there seriously thinking of getting a 456 summer season frame, i will be using it with fox 120 mm forks. I have heard they descend very well, but what do they climb like? Does anyone have any idea?

thanks

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Mine with 105mm MX Comps climbs and descents excellent. Running mine with a 1×9 setup though which I think aids my ability to climb (well, it makes me faster with no plodding gear).

bongo136
    Free Member

sounds good. Thanks, what size stem are you using?

reggiegasket
    Free Member

a mate had one and I didn’t like it – steering was quite flip-flop compared to a std 456 (which I have), even with the forks wound right down. My advice would be to go for the vanilla 456 every time.

chojin
    Free Member

What length stem did it have Reggie? It makes a massive difference!

T666DOM

I have no problems with a 140 fox vanilla with a 70mm stem, great fun up and down

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

40mm stem. Its a 16″ and I’m 5’8″ ish

thegman67

I have a 70mm stem,710mm high rise bars and revs 140mm and find it climbs fine and I’m 17 stone 5’10 tall

stumpytrek
    Free Member

I ran mine with 120mm Magura Phaons and it rode up and down well (but down was the best). Never had to wind the travel down. I have a raw 18″ summer season in very good condition due to go on eBay soon if you are interested?

bongo136
    Free Member

Thanks guys for all your inputs, and stumpytrek thanks for your offer but have agreed to buy someones lime green one of bikeradar.

Thanks again

WackoAK
    Free Member

I run mine with a Lyrik set at 130 with a 40mm stem and 711 bars – don’t have any issues with climbing at all.

tk46hal
    Free Member

I’ve had 456’s and there are no problems with the bikes climbing ability!
    The only danger is the rider may not have the legs. 😉

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘On one 456 summer season – Does it climb well?’ is closed to new replies.