Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • On One 456, Acceptable paint finish or faulty?
  • scotty38
    Free Member

Might be me but what view of the frame is that 😕

brant
    Free Member

That’s looking at the base of the wishbone. A kind of “tyre tread’s” eye view. From the rear dropouts

scotty38
    Free Member

brant – Member

That’s looking at the base of the wishbone. A kind of “tyre tread’s” eye view. From the rear dropouts

Ah, thank you, got it now 🙂

jonba
    Free Member

In my professional opinion* that is not an acceptable standard and I’d be asking (nicely) for a full refund. It doesn’t really matter how much it cost if you are not happy. The paint on the corners will not be protecting the steal and it’ll rust pretty quickly losing what little cosmetic appeal it has as well as probably shortening the life of the frame unless you get it re-coated. Said as fan of on-one as I own and inbred and a 456.

As someone mentioned above, it looks like a badly formulated paint, it’s too thin/ poor thixotropy and has not covered the corners.

*Professional paint chemist for a number of years with NACE CIP qualification (FWIW). Edit: should add these views are my own.

yunki
    Free Member

user error – you should have got a brown one..

moocow76

I have a dark green Inbred and the paint finish is pretty weak 2. But I’d agree with what some have said – On One frames are pretty cheap and pretty solid. And at £99 I wouldnt be complaining – £99 doesnt buy you very much these days. To get a bullet-proof tough steel frame is an amazing bargain. You could get it painted/powder-coated and still be quids in? 😀

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘On One 456, Acceptable paint finish or faulty?’ is closed to new replies.