Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • On One 29er wheels / hubs – any good ??
  • bunnerscj
    Free Member

Hi, after a set of 29er wheels / tyres, On one do a set of wheels / tyres/and tubes for £150, retard rims, not sure about hubs – sealed or cone etc, are they any good, just starting out in the 29er world !
    Thanks for any advice

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

Mine have seen regular use for about 3 years & I am the wrong side of 15 stone.. front & back are both straight & true & working fine.

Probably a bit heavy but work fine

oddjob
    Free Member

I on the other hand have not so great expperiences, the ones that came with my pompino many years ago wouldn't stay true and the hub on my 29er wheels has given up after a 18 months of infrequent use.
    They're good value in that you get what you pay for…

bigsi
    Free Member

There was a set of Halo Freedom wheels in the classifieds yesterday for about £130 IIRC. I would have thought that would be much better value for money 😉

Big-Dave
    Free Member

Can't comment on the On-One wheels but I run a pair of Halo Freedom Disc 29ers on my Swift and they run nicely and don't seem to be too heavy. The rear hub is a bit basic and only has 4 pawls in the freehub but seems pretty solid.

If you go for Halos its best to shop around. I ended up buying the front and rear wheels from different places in order to get the best price.

mefty
    Free Member

I have had a set since Christmas, had no problems with them – the point to be aware of is that they are centerlock only – six bolts converters don't work on them.

Sqwubbsy
    Free Member

I got a set a couple of months back with tyres and tubes for £100. Only using the front one but it's running true and smooth. I'm using the on-one 6 bolt adaptors without problems. You can't get the lock ring on but they seem tight enough with the hex bolt holding them.

On-one 6-bolt adaptor

roach

I'm using a2z adaptors on mine.

epicyclo

The wheels that came with my original On-One 29er have been loaned out to all and sundry over the last few years. Still going strong, been trued a few times, bearings probably need doing now. They have had much more strenuous usage than I could give them.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘On One 29er wheels / hubs – any good ??’ is closed to new replies.