Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • On last night's ride there was some……………….
  • dannyh
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nv7qh_XL_yM[/video]

Not for long, though – looking at the weather forecast.

jam-bo

i went out at 6am this morning to get a dry ride in before the weather breaks.

rOcKeTdOg

yep, following 4 others down some singletrack last night and i had to wipe dust off my glasses when i got to the end of the trail, shame it’s going to rain, out again after work, rain due late evening

globalti
    Free Member

Must have been dusty; we took four minutes off our fastest one hour hooligan ride time and I’ve been coughing up green phlegm ever since. T’was the toughest ride I’ve ever done, absolute madness.

hooli

Was great out last night, such a shame that it is supposed to rain for the next few days here. I was really enjoying the dry/drying trails.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Im planning on getting out tomorrow before it gets really grotty, I think I’ll miss out on the dry trails, as rain forecast for this afternoon, but tomorrow morning looks great….

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Yep, local downhill trails are proper hero-dirt atm, although last nights rain will have put paid to that.

cakefacesmallblock

Had a good little ride on our local trails yesterday, before the rain. Just as it was all starting to dry up so well.
    Walking Snowdon tomorrow and have a feeling that the rest of the weekend might become a garage tidying, bike fettling, eating and pub fest.

GregMay
    Free Member

I rode home over a trail that I only ride during the driest spells. It was almost totally dry. That’ll change soon. Raining in Manchester now.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

**** sick of the **** dust here, blown out corner after blown out corner, rock hard ground full of **** dust. Careful what you wish for

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

3 hours of finest Mendip hardtail razzing last night.

Despite its reputation for mud, I didn’t need to wash the bike or change my shorts to sit in the pub afterwards.

That’ll change this weekend.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Last night was the first night this year that the bike has gone back in the garage without needing a wash.
    Dusty trails in Calderdale, who’d have thunk it?
    Only slight downside was that we all ended up carrying a bit too much speed into some techy bits. (Too much speed into “steps of death” didn’t end well 😳 )

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

My first ever double-post error… Yay

chakaping
    Free Member

I’ve been wearing the same pair of shorts for about five rides now (fresh inners each time obvs).

Bone dry in the woods still…

Klunk
    Free Member

hopefully it won’t be very heavy, the radar seems to suggest light rain here.

Paul@RTW
    Free Member

It’s been a fun week commuting through the dry woods. Yes, the rain’s coming but “chin up”, guys; Spring has sprung and the new leaves and bulbs are kicking Mother Nature’s transpiration cycle off and will be sucking away the nasty gloopiness. It’s the best time of year for blasting those tacky trails with a smell of blossom in the air and the crisp low sun cascading through the branches.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Im planning on getting out tomorrow before it gets really grotty, I think I’ll miss out on the dry trails, as rain forecast for this afternoon, but tomorrow morning looks great….

8mm forecast. Puts my Fri earlydoors spin in jeopardy. That and a dodgy knee.

(getting those excuses in early)

mikewsmith
    Free Member

8mm forecast. Puts my Fri earlydoors spin in jeopardy. That and a dodgy knee

Serious? That’s enough to dampen it down

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Metcheck are saying over 10mm spread out overnight now here on the south island.

Followed by a glorious, clear day.

takisawa2

Keep seeing/hearing of these dusty trails but been too busy this week
    Might grab an hour up t’ Chase this weekend, maybe scope out some trails for this STW ride, on the off chance they’ll let me tag along.
    Off to FOD next week. If you spot a rotund guy, on an odd looking skinny Niner with semi-fat tyres, throw a stick at me.

BillOddie

This is playng havoc with my decision making process for which bike to take to my parents place next week.

CX or MTB…CX or MTB…

bigyinn
    Free Member

PMJ, thats what im seeing on the met office too, I’ll happily put up with a bit of grot if it means clear sunny skies.
    Now where to go…. Im toying with coastal path to Ventnor from Shanklin, as I haven’t had my angry man fix yet this year….

rOcKeTdOg

Off to FOD next week. If you spot a rotund guy, on an odd looking skinny Niner with semi-fat tyres, throw a stick at me.

I’ll be there Tuesday & Thursday, will bring my own stick especially

honourablegeorge

Got to go biking six times in eight days, and haven’t needed to wash bike or (outer) shorts after any of them. Possibly the greatest week of my life

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Im toying with coastal path to Ventnor from Shanklin, as I haven’t had my angry man fix yet this year….

Needs to be done. 🙂

tomaso
    Free Member

Tebay was dusty in places last night and Borrowdale only a wee trickle. Most unseasonal

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘On last night's ride there was some……………….’ is closed to new replies.