Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • OMG! Anyone going to the Goodwood Festival of Speed…
  • racefaceec90

how many gallons does it do per yard 😉

awesome car 😀

T1000
    Free Member

get a mean kick back from the starting handle on that….

Hope it uses starting cartridges Instead…

JulianA
    Free Member

Yikes!

IanMunro
    Free Member

Grinning after watching that 😀

CountZero

According to the article, they’re planning on driving it from Bristol to Goodwood! You could probably hear it in Goodwood from Bristol.
    Damn, but I’d love to see it go through Chippenham, I’d take the day off to take photos.
    Staggering thing.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Best car ever 🙂

jools182
    Free Member

Fantastic machine

One of the few times the word awesome is justified

JAG

It’s a brilliant piece of engineering….

I love the way you can see the pistons going up and down when you look into the exhaust ports 😯 8)

diz

We are going on the Saturday, hope it’s running on that day!

piemonster

Just knowing that exists has made me smile

lodious
    Free Member

Magic…looks like the inspiration for Gru’s car 🙂

wwaswas
    hora
    Free Member

😀

andyl
    Free Member

looks like it’s powered by gunpowder!

We were supposed to book tickets to goodwood and the chelsea flower show this year (along with hotels etc) but havent got round to it.

Might be a good Birthday present for Dad actually, and i will get to go with him 😀

BristolPablo
    Free Member

The last time I went to Goodwood, I stood next to a Porsche 917 which was being started for the first time in 12 months, it sounded like the devil gargling with spanners…. after a few minutes of warming up he then started tinkering with the throttle, i turned round and I was at the front of a crowd about six deep.

Goodwood is ace, forget the stuff on the track, just wander round the “garages”.

Pablo’s austerity special tip, Do Goodwood on a budget and go to Prescott or Shelsley Walsh hillclimbs on VSCC, many of the same cars, 1/3 the price, no queueing to get in/out.

CountZero

I hadn’t seen the thread wwaswas posted a link to, I saw it tonight on Zite on my pad.
    It’s the shape of the damned thing that gets me, as much as the noise, unlike anything else I’ve seen.
    The world is, indeed, a far betterer place for having that car in it. 😀

jimw
    Free Member

they’re planning on driving it from Bristol to Goodwood!

As far as I know Duncan Pittaway aims to drive his cars to events if at all feasible. I have seen him turn up in his Monarch and the GN Vittesse in the past
    [img]http://i.ytimg.com/vi/0pQtvjEotQk/hqdefault.jpg[/img]

maxtorque

Shows the incredible progress of passenger cars in 100 years! If you didn’t know, you’d never guess that a modern car runs on the same fuel, and the same basic engineering principals as that Fiat!

JulianA
    Free Member

GFOS is brilliant, and +1 for VSCC events at Prescott. A lovely venue – and there’s a stem railway a few miles away.

Shelsley Walsh is on my to do list as well!

Google for Nick Heidfeld’s 100.385mph outing at GFOS in 1999! Scarily quick – and no wonder they stopped timing those runs after that…

Candodavid
    Free Member

Valentino Rossi turning up too according to twitter

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Shelsley Walsh is on my to to list as well!

Spent many a happy year in the locality. Stunning countryside around there, and well recommended for a grand weekend away!

(Owe you an email, Julian!)

PePPeR

Another vote for the Shelsley Walsh and Prescott Hill climbs.

I’d love to do the revival and festival of speed, but the crowds just do not appeal.

I’ll be here instead, slower but far far nicer, and I’ll be helping run the steam ploughing, Edwardian machinery at its finest!

http://www.ntet.co.uk/events/details/little-casterton-working-weekend

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

That thing is mental! 😀

JulianA
    Free Member

I’ll look forward to it CFH. Getting thirsty again…

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘OMG! Anyone going to the Goodwood Festival of Speed…’ is closed to new replies.