Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Olympics – Archery
  • willard

Just turned on the telly after a bit of gardening and a bit of cooking and saw the final two ends of the men’s archery.

It was amazing and came down to the final arrow. Italy well deserved the gold for that final shot; a 10 needed and a 10 they got.

I might have a try at this archery business.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Yes – Italy thoroughly deserved that win with the last ten, with about 2 seconds left. Bit of a weird style too – wouldn’t like to say what state his shoulder joint will be like in a few years.

Hadge
    Free Member

Yes I loved watching the archery but also enjoyed the 10M Air Rifle and Air Pistol shooting today as they were sports I used to compete in many many years ago and would like to get back into again.

SamCooke
    Free Member

If they have archery, why not darts?

pretty sure they put up the irish flag instead of the italian one for the medals.

jon1973
    Free Member

If they have archery, why not darts?

Skilful, no doubt, but archery does seem to be one of the few Olympic sports you can be successful at even if you have a beer belly.

stuey
    Free Member

<not a darts follower>
    What % of darts player play sober ?

I was interested in the different levels of ‘exuberance’ between the 10m air riffles GB archery team and some of the hugs/High fives of the other teams – different mind sets?

Mounty_73

I have never watched the sport, until yesterday and I have to say I really enjoyed it.

And its on again right now!

Cougar

Just caught the end of the archery.

Speaking as a lapsed field archer, it’s interesting seeing just how different a discipline it is. It’s closest to our ‘freestyle’ class, sights and stabilisers and all the assorted tech, but still using recurve bows. I wonder why they’ve not switched to compounds? Interesting to watch, anyway.

Coverage now seems to be showing synchronised cuddling. Hm.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Olympics – Archery’ is closed to new replies.