Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • Olympic torch relay – who's going to see?
  • bikebouy
    Free Member

Ben Ainsle…proper bloke. I know him.

IanMunro
    Free Member

I see you can watch it live.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/torchrelay

It’s everything I imagined it would be.

Houns

What ambrose said

weare138
    Free Member

I work for the local paper and will be photographing its journey through the town and up to the border of Mid Wales. It’s going to be quite a spectacle seeing everybody on the streets cheering (and laughing at me running)

BigJohn

They will be running with “Hitler’s Fire” past my front door at about 5:30 on May 30th. We get to look after our grandson on Wednesday afternoons and 5:30 is the time I normally take him back home. That can’t happen as the stormtroopers are enforcing a total lockdown for hours either side.

I haven’t decided whether to take him out for the day (at 2 and a bit years he’s enjoying scooting his balance bike round the skate bowl in our local park) or to stay at home and ostentatiously turn our backs as the faux symbol is carried past.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Well whatever you choose to do, it sounds like you’ll be having fun 🙂

MrSalmon
    Free Member

I do sort of look at it like Ambrose and try not to be too cynical about it. But that said, while I’d go and have a look if it was going along the top of my road, I wouldn’t really make an effort to go and see it. I’m just not that interested in it personally.

chewkw
    Free Member

nope. might just be causing traffic jam.

hels
    Free Member

Did anybody see the comedy gold on TV this morning ? When the thing kept blowing out and the Very Subtle Security Guys had to kind of huddle around it holding plastic screens. They should get it a Pope-mobile !

squiff
    Free Member

Yes it goes right past my house, having a big garden i mite build a grand stand and charge people £100 each 😈 to sit and watch the torch go past for a bout 5 seconds :lol:, quite cheap considering how much the goverment have spent on the olympics

diablocableguy

Gonna ride out to Wells to see it Tuesday morning, trying to drag some mates out for the ride as well. 🙂 Proably only going to get the chance once in my life, might as well take it. 😀

Houns

Blimey! Torches on eBay going for £150k+ !!

I didn’t know they got to keep them?! One hasn’t even run their leg yet!

DWH
    Free Member

Personally I think it’s a load of bollocks. But if a bunch of people want to stand about watching a flame on a stick go in and out of a van that’s fine by me. They probably think I wasted my time riding my bike in the rain this morning and who knows – they might be right.

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

Yes. Bournemouth – Day 56

scraprider
    Free Member

yea exeter tomoz.flpiin the bird to all the miserable mofos.quiet looking forward to it.

gwaelod
    Free Member

Two days of this now and not seen any Dirk Hoffman Motorhome signs!!!

I think all STW’ers who are going should hold them up as the torch goes past

Tonolina
    Free Member

Went to see it as it left Plymouth this morning. Distinctly underwhelming. The wife got a promo bottle of Coke, a Samsung inflatable thing but missed out on what looked like a bar end tassle from Lloyds bank. A few minutes later the torch bearer came by, but looked faintly embarrassed by the cheering Janners.
    Still, the dogs needed a walk and we got the papers early.

footflaps

Comes within 500 yards of our house, I’ll probably be at work mind…

Philby

It’s in Bristol on Tuesday evening (when I have a trustee meeting to attend assuming anyone can get to the meeting through all the expected crowds in the centre) and Wednesday morning (when I am running a training course). So looks like I won’t be watching it – have to say I’m not really bothered, but really looking forward to spending lots of time watching the actual games on the TV (one of the benefits of being self-employed and working at home).

hels
    Free Member

I think we should have a competition, with prizes for anybody who can get themselves in shot on BBC news doing something interesting in the background as the torch passes. Like streaking, for example.

Mooly
    Free Member

I saw the torch last night and this morning. Last night was incredible. The amount of people who turned out was astounding in Exeter. There was a massive buzz. It was great.
    I feel slightly sorry for the people who can`t get excited about their one chance to be involved in such an amazing celebration.

toppers3933
    Free Member

On the days it passes through Leicestershire (2nd/3rd july) I will be an event marshal and responsible for stopping traffic in advance of the convoy. Quite excited about the event to be honest. So if you’re stuck in the jams on those days then sorry about that. But you have been warned, so either plan for it or get over yourself and smile a bit. Its not the end of the world.

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Olympic torch relay – who's going to see?’ is closed to new replies.