Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Olympic Road Race tickets
  • bigdaddy

Hooray – got some boxhill tickets!!! Thats all folks. Grumpy that I have to pay when they were going to be free, but hey ho. Got chucked off the system first time, having got them reserved but did it again at 11.30 and was successful. Can’t wait for it now!

cjmcevoy
    Free Member

nice one mate.

Been on since 10.55 and still empty handed.

What a farce!

will
    Free Member

Zig Zag Road or Donkey Road?

slowuphill
    Free Member

Would love to buy tickets for the atmosphere but we have 3 kids and you can only buy 4 tickets per household. Will watch from the end of my road with the BBQ!!

plumber
    Free Member

told me I’d got some then froze when I’d paid for them

god knows if I got some or not as it wond even let me in now

njee20
    Free Member

Also tried repeatedly for Donkey Hill ones, having got right through at 11:01, and still have nothing 🙄

Trying for Zig Zag Road instead, although it’s too late now I imagine!

fatboyslo
    Free Member

Got some for the time trial finish . 😆

Again got chucked off first time round but worked second time, though I was a bit worried about the 15 minute que

Loads of folks after relatively few tickets i guess….

didn’t try for any road race though, 2 days in London village for the tickets I have is enough for me

bigdaddy

Donkey Green, wherever that is! It says 3 viewing areas, big TV and race commentary. The ticket system continues to be crap – ‘reserved’ should mean that, not chucking you off mid way through inputting your card number!

IHN

I was on the ticket site at the crack of 11, having already, at a mate’s suggestion, done all the security gubbins that you have to do to save time. Selected two tickets, hit Request Tickets, was straightaway told I had two tickets, paid for two tickets, got some random error code saying that I didn’t have any tickets. Grr.

So, started again and was told I was in a ten minute queue. Grr. Waited ten minutes, was told I had two tickets, paid for two tickets, and guess what? That’s right, got some random error code saying that I didn’t have any tickets. AAAGGH.

Started again, this time told I’m in a minimum fifteen minute queue. Screw it, I’ll watch it from the comfort of my sofa.

will
    Free Member

Paid, then got the error 😆 I’ll try again.

njee20
    Free Member

Selected two tickets, hit Request Tickets, was straightaway told I had two tickets, paid for two tickets, got some random error code saying that I didn’t have any tickets. Grr.

+1, three times. Now just returns “No tickets found”. Rather irritating.

will
    Free Member

Boom! 3 times and i’ve got some for Donkey Road on 29th from 12 till 4:15 😀

ourmaninthenorth

Well done. Nothing for me.

titusrider
    Free Member

njee20 – Member

Selected two tickets, hit Request Tickets, was straightaway told I had two tickets, paid for two tickets, got some random error code saying that I didn’t have any tickets. Grr.

+1, three times. Now just returns “No tickets found”. Rather irritating.

me too 🙁

njee20
    Free Member

Not even letting you queue now, just returns “No Tickets Found” straight off.

Wonder if BC have any.

will
    Free Member

Just keep trying guys, you’ll get some eventually! The Sunday 12-4 slot will be slightly less popular, so went for that!

slimjim78
    Free Member

how exactly are they going to stop people without tickets turning up to spectate along the miles of open roads?

titusrider
    Free Member

The test event had a very ugly number of high barriers all over box hill and surrounding roads

njee20
    Free Member

They’re not, it’s only on Box Hill they’re ticketing, and that’s easy enough to police.

I’m not that fussed by the women, harsh as that is, I’d rather watch the men from Headley Down or elsewhere on the loop to be honest!

mcboo
    Free Member

Bumped off 3 times when it said I had tickets. I’m going to find a pub on the route. Stick my head out to watch them cruise by.

crazy-legs

I’m still curious as to why everyone seems to want to stand on Box Hill. OK, so they go past 9 times but there’s still 100 miles of roadside to stand at. My bet would be Richmond Park – watch them on the way out, have a picnic, watch them on the way back. Hopefully there will be a big screen in the park and hopefully it’ll be reasonably easy to move around, unlike in the cattle pens on Box Hill…

plodtv
    Free Member

I would like to go see the TT I failed with the tickets with the errors displayed above. Where is best place for me to rock up and watch it roadside with a television, cycling weekly has (http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/latest/532958/top-five-olympic-road-race-alternative-viewing-spots.html) will these work for the TT too?

I am not very familiar with that London, so any help gratefully received. Have a bit of a bad taste in my mouth after this mornings tickets shambles, am I pissed off about nothing?

brakes
    Free Member

I didn’t bother applying for tickets on principle – you shouldn’t have to pay to watch a road race. I’ll go and watch it, but somewhere that is free.
    It would be interesting to see where the spectators on Box Hill put their £5k plastic ****-chariots whilst checking the times relative to their Strava-efforts.

stever
    Free Member

Numerous website problems. Hey ho. A disappointed kid.

crazy-legs
    plodtv
    Free Member

do them areas work for the TT crazy-legs?

TiRed

Didn’t get any for either men’s event 🙁 (again). The women’s road race has tickets for Box Hill, but the race only circles the loop twice, then it’s watch the big screen. Of course if they kept the roads closed, then a few laps on the road bike with the kids would be fun.

Richmond park is probably a better location.

I did however secure tickets to the women’s MTB race, so am moderately happy.

No tickets at all for the velodrome, including the paraolympics.

crazy-legs

do them areas work for the TT crazy-legs?

Olympic TT Route:
    http://www.london2012.com/documents/venue-documents/cycling-time-trial-route.pdf

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Why anyone would pay to watch a road race go past is beyond me. I’ll just lean out of my lounge window with a beer and watch it go past…

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Olympic Road Race tickets’ is closed to new replies.