Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Olympic road race local viewing help – (Nr Cobham)
  • jonba
    Free Member

By pure coincidence I am going to be in the area of the road race as it passes through. I only have very limited knowledge of the area but will be pretty near to Effingham Junction in Hatchford/Ockham.

Not sure what I will have in the way of transport, probably only a good pair of shoes.

Any advice on where I should go and watch? I’d like to be able to get somewhere to watch the remainder of the race and finish on TV. Staying with my Mother in Law so can’t disappear to a pub for the entire day…

Ripley lane seems like the closest part of the route.

tonyg2003

Where exactly are you? Cobham or Effingham? Getting anywhere except by bike / walking will be impossible on the day (already the road closure signs are going up in the surrounding towns). You can walk to watch the RR at Ripley lane but it will be one big swoosh of a group. Getting over to the boxhill loop will probably be a very long walk, short cycle ride, but they do go past 9 times if you are in the right place. It’s a mile for us to the circuit boxhill loop and my cycle club have hired part of the route too. 😀

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Olympic road race local viewing help – (Nr Cobham)’ is closed to new replies.