Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Olympic course
  • druidh
    Free Member

That canoe and kayak course they were using this morning (Eton Dorney) is rubbish. No falls or rapids, just a dead straight line on flat water. It looked like a canal.

And those boats they were using were pretty pants too. Where would you carry your picnic and bivvy gear?

Junkyard
    Free Member

I wished it was more like cycling
    Why can they not just go round in circles like a proper sport?

legend
    Free Member

a poor effort – 1/10

nealglover
    Free Member

It’s like they just couldn’t be arsed to make it either difficult or practical.

Shameful.

whippersnapper
    Free Member

🙂

On a serious note, never seen canoe/kayak racing before. Impressive speed.

aracer
    Free Member

I’d love to see the people who think it’s easy sit upright in one of those boats for 30s 😆

AngusWells

Surely there should have been some anglers on the bank tutting loudly and ‘accidentally’ launching a handful of maggots at the paddlers as the boats went past.

oldgit
    Free Member

I’d love to see the people who think it’s easy sit upright in one of those boats for 30s

Ay, 100m down the Grand Union and every muscle was aching.

crotchrocket
    Free Member

fastest kayak = one with an aquaplane. awesome.

blades2000
    Free Member

Someone once described to me what it was like in one of those kayaks, “Imagine paddling blindfolded with a brick tied to one end of the paddle.” Errm no thanks. I will stick with my nice and stable kayak thank you 🙂

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

Tried sprint kayaking, very quickly gave it up for slalom. C1 sprint boats are a whole next level of madness

glupton1976
    Free Member

THey are stable when you get them upto speed, but seriously pucker inducing when you’re not going fast.

iainfrancis
    Free Member

Apparently they had a girl wakeboarding behind a 4 man kayak at Eaton Dorney.

disben
    aracer
    Free Member

THey are stable when you get them upto speed

Only compared to how stable they are at rest.

C1 sprint boats are a whole next level of madness

Indeed – tried to learn to paddle one of those, and whilst I could manage a few km, I never really got comfortable and could never put full power in. Only really a matter of spending enough time practising I’m sure – was paddling 3 or 4 times a week when learning to paddle a racing K1, and only ever got out once a week in the C1 (and now I spend my time doing something which requires far more balance skill!)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

disben – Member
    Something like this…?

Ho
    Lee
    CRAPOLA!

Wow!

Given the amount of power needed to get a boarder up and out, that’s astonishing. Seriously impressed!

Which crew was it doing the tow?

aracer
    Free Member

GB development squad I think.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

GB development squad I think.

Not even the first pick team?

Even more WOW!

disben

Think they might have been under 23 GB team…

Was also this from Canada

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Olympic course’ is closed to new replies.