Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Olives….
  • jon1973
    Free Member

…stuffed with anchovies.

Mmmmmm

Merak

I was once told you had to eat 100 before youd appreciate them.

Trufax.

mogrim

Big green ones, pickled with garlic in olive oil… mmmm

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Good olives don’t need stuffin’ with anything.

yunki
    Free Member

I used to be a green olive man.. Now it’s black olives, stuffed with raw garlic..
    If you put enough olives in front of my three year old he will eat them til he’s sick

GregMay
    Free Member

Olives – the one thing my wife will always turn down. Some day she will cop on, then I will be sad.

loddrik
    Free Member

Lemon and garlic.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Black wrinkly ones are the key.

With some assorted mezza type food as accompaniment but none of this stuffing nonsense.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Black wrinkly ones are the key.

With some assorted mezza type food as accompaniment but none of this stuffing nonsense.

slowoldman

Lemon and garlic.

Oh yes. Or chilli, or manchego.

seosamh77
    Free Member

I used to hate olives, but I now love them, particularly cooked black ones on a pizza! 🙂

jools182
    Free Member

Pizza has to have black olives and anchovies

The garlic ones are good too

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Seriously thought I’d tried (and enjoyed) most types of olive, and I began to think that an olive was an olive ie – salty, often spiced up with various stuffings and marinades, but then THESE! Unsullied, buttery, smokey, small, roundish, amazing colour, indescribably wonderfully different taste. Only thing is has ruined all other olives for me now:

bigG
    Free Member

Our four year old loves them. guaranteed to keep her quiet in the back of the car. She prefers black with herbs and olive oil.

Just as well I like green ones.

To be fair this is the same four year old that likes to taste wine by dipping her finger into my glass and declared my 2006 Malbec “much yummier” than last weekend’s Cab Sauv. Wise beyond her years.

wiggles
    Free Member

I’ve never tried one…

The way they look makes me think the texture will be horrible so i can only eat them when they are cooked/made into other stuff

tomhoward

Love olives me. Black ones are a fave but I can handle greens.

Interestingly (or not) they were part of the first ‘top tip’ I ever read in a mag. I remember it well, in Maximum Mountain Bike. Basically saying that they were a great snack to balance out all the sugary stuff on a long polaris or trail quest ride every one was doing before trail centres were invented. A mount vision was on the cover as pretty much the best bike you could buy. It was £1500. And all this were fields….

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

*Edit – wish I’d never read the label on the Pelotin olives now….MSG. Of course it all makes sense now 🙁

joshvegas
    Free Member

I was going to say that very same thing, they look like a prime candidate for msg.

Andy-R

wiggles – Member
    I’ve never tried one…

The way they look makes me think the texture will be horrible

What’s not to like about the way they look?

bruneep

Olives Gaaads

Stoner
    Free Member

Time for a focaccia and humous thread before Waitrose opens, ladies?

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Olives….’ is closed to new replies.