Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • old windsurfers – early '90's Bic Samba
  • wobbliscott
    Free Member

I’m having a garage clear out and have my early to mid ’90’s Bic Samba and associated sails and kit hanging from my garage ceiling. I used this alot in the day but have since never returned to windsurfing and doubt I ever will, so its time for the old girl to go and free up some space. Is it worth putting up on ebay? Old windsurfer gear doesn’t seem to go for much if at all? Failing that is there an alternative way to offload this? I’m not bothered about reclaiming any cash for it, but just don’t want to throw it away – its in good nick and it is a very good beginner to intermediate board, even by modern day standards, so would be perfect for someone looking to get into windsurfing.

Maybe there are some charity organisations that use kit like this I could donate to?

rogerthecat
    Free Member

We need a site like Retrobikes for boards, old school sailing nostalgia.
    I have an old board that would be perfect for learning on but at 20yrs old no one even wantsit for free.
    Try Freecycle, good luck.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Oops , bloody tablet!

bikebouy
    Free Member

We’ll you ain’t going to get much for it I’m afraid so eBay it and hope it goes to a good home.
    Some events (national watersports festival) have classes for 80’s kit etc. and if the whole package is as good as you say someone may buy it for that, or as a retro feeling thing.
    Sad as it it, windsurfing gear, even a couple of years old, looses value faster than a used tea bag 😥
    Shame you are selling it. 😥

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Thanks guys. I might look to see if there is some charity Outward Bounds type of organisation that might take it in and get some proper use out of it, but it doesn’t feel like its worth ebaying – it can be more hassle than its worth sometimes. I might just bung it in the side shed for now just to get it out of the garage.

mikertroid
    Free Member

Whereabouts are you in the UK?

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I’m near Derby.

ampthill

I think that a rig that works has some value

The board probably almost nothing. Its no longer suitable for learning or progression

the_lecht_rocks

Ah, my old bic hard rock got me into lots of trouble…. RNLI, thanks 🙂

Mikeypies
    Free Member

there is a facebook page called windsurfing kit for sale put it up there, the samba is still a usefull board so should find a home

ask1974
    Free Member

I’ll take it off your hands, just the small matter of distance between us. If you’re interested PM me and we’ll see if we can work something out.

Cheers.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Anyone want the mahoosive Mistral behind my garage?
    Will also stick it on the FB page, thanks for the tip off

oldgrump08
    Free Member

Jumping on the bandwagon, anybody want a 315 F2 board complete with lairy tribal (???) graphics, 2 decent FB sails, adjustable clamp boom and mast??? Northants for pickup within next 2 weeks. Fast and easy to sail, had me laughing several times 🙂

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Got a mistral 310cm board of some sort from 1992… An evolution I think. Not used 12 years. Tip?

mikertroid
    Free Member

Derby’s a bit far to go for me, but I do fancy the idea of an old-school longboard for touring…

I’m sure it’ll be of use to someone.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘old windsurfers – early '90's Bic Samba’ is closed to new replies.