Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Old Trafford cricket ground Manchester- parking tonight ?
  • scruff
    Free Member

Last minute luck means we have tickets for Foo fighters, I dont know Manchester at all, any advice on later arrival parking?

mrchrispy

You should get street parking over the otherside of the tram (towards Quadrant and Kings Road), should be pretty safe* but there’ll also be loads of ‘propper’ parking round there, the yellow jacket scallies shouldn’t be charging more than a tenner.

hora
    Free Member

Alex- there will be loads of parking if you pay (our carpark gets used for this).

Although tbh I’d probably park further up. This road would be a good try:

Renton road, Stretford.

We just sold two this afternoon- half price. I can’t believe that they are £110 for two.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

argh, this means it’s going to take me hours and hours to get out towards home after work today!

mrchrispy

why….you’re not in a motor are xherbivorex?
    (oh the shame)

I’ll wave as I sail past on my bike (the word sail my be very apt…looks like its going to spank down)

binners

I was working at a design agency in Old Trafford when they had one of these do’s on. Late afternoon and a pair of Scallies turn up, don hi-vis jackets, place a sign up saying ‘PARKING £10’. The bloke who’s agency it was went down to have a word. He was informed that he should desist his protestations forthwith, and accept that in the evening it wasn’t his car park any more, it was theirs.

They did kindly allow him to remove his car to the next street before they completely filled ‘their’ car park with the cars they were now waving in (at a tenner a time)

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Make sure you park outside some middle age busy bodies house, middle aged bile and outrage, if only you could bottle it!

My favorite is to go to quaint Cheshire villages (net twitcher land) they literally sit in their windows watching and waiting and park outside residents houses, ohhh the red faces, middle aged passive aggressive rage, it’s a beautiful thing and all the more satisfying when someone decides to confront you, with a private road parking ticket bullshit story and you remind them their deeds only go as far as the boundary of their property and not onto the public highway 😆

mrchrispy

hahaha – they’ve been doing that for years.
    My old office was literally on the corner behind that crap pub.
    they used to do it there but I think there was a loose agreement with the land owner.

hora
    Free Member

Its effing busy round there. Why turnup so bloody early if its raining? They all look like gold fish mouth breathers too

john_drummer
    Free Member

I fancied a drink or two so booked in to a hotel at Media City. Plenty of parking in the multistorey next door but a good 15 minute walk…

Cougar

Renton road, Stretford.

This is where I’d have parked. And I did, a bit further round. And I got a parking ticket for my troubles.

Parking on this estate is now protected with residents’ permits. On the road I parked on, there was one sign saying “Permit holders only during events” or something similar, on the other side of the road to where I was parked. There was nothing the length of the road on the side I parked – I walked it end to end before I parked there. I’ve been ticketed for “parking in a permit bay” – there’s no bay markings, or indeed parking restrictions or any road markings beyond white lines in front of driveway exits – at all.

I shall be contesting this I fear, due to inadequate signage. The whole estate had been ticketed, loads of people got caught. Nice little earner for the local council.

I sympathise with the residents, it must be a ballache for them. But one poxy sign on the other side of the road saying something wooly about events (where? who knows) isn’t good enough.

hora
    Free Member

Bugga 🙁

I can take pics if you like (if it’d help) and email them over to you to use?

I’d seen no signage on that stretch and assumed too.

Cougar

I took a few grainy photos in the dark, FWIW. If nothing else, the exact wording on the sign would be helpful.

Cheers.

hora
    Free Member

Using streetmap could you place the arrow where you parked/or describe. Will do at 4.30 today

Cougar
    xherbivorex
    Free Member

why….you’re not in a motor are xherbivorex?
    (oh the shame)

I’ll wave as I sail past on my bike (the word sail my be very apt…looks like its going to spank down)

yes, for my sins. since i moved to horwich i haven’t got back into cycle commuting yet. left the office at 5.15 last night, got home at about 7pm. ugh.

hora
    Free Member

Will do. BTW you werent one of three blokes, one with shorts on unloading last night?

Cougar

Not me, guv.

john_drummer
    Free Member
    scruff
    Free Member

Was a great night (but the advice on parking sucked 😛 )

hora
    Free Member

I know 🙁

I live probably about 3/4mile from there by the park and although I’m in a residents zone I’ve never displayed a permit or gotten a ticket. My car was on the street last night too all evening.

Apart from the above road – all parking/roads seem to be very very quiet – from Stretford all the way to Chorlton. (a great deal quieter than a Man U match for instance).

Cougar

Had a bit of a google and found this.

http://www.trafford.gov.uk/residents/transport-and-streets/parking/old-trafford-event-parking-.aspx

Restrictions apply from two hours before up to one hour after an event. The parking zones will be “past this point” and will be signposted at all points into and out of the permit zone. Repeater signs will also be posted at each junction in the zone.

Totally didn’t see any ‘past this point’ sign, which is presumably my failing. Came in on Gorse Lane I think. Hora, can you verify that it’s there and not just me being blind?

Dunno what to do now. Hmm.

EDIT: Looks like there are signs on the way in, if Street View is any judge.

https://goo.gl/maps/r3rlC

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Old Trafford cricket ground Manchester- parking tonight ?’ is closed to new replies.