Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Old SLRs – does anyone still use them? Are they worth much?
  • ElShalimo

I have a Canon EOS 500n sat doing nowt with a couple of lenses.
    Does anyone still use them nowadays? I was thinking of selling it and the lenses too but it’s probably not worth much.
    Can the lenses be used by a more modern digital SLR?
    Has anyone sold their film SLRs recently?
    cheers

totalshell

gave a decent canon a1 to a local charity.. they sold it online for 50-60 quid i think.. only proper top end gear will be collectable i suspect

JCL
    Free Member

DSLR’s with their crappy flippy mirrors won’t be worth much either soon.

sneakyg4
    Free Member

I still shoot film on occassion, however everyone moving to digital means that really top end film cameras are now available for peanuts; I have a Nikon F5 that I paid £250 for, would have been about £1500 new.

I have my eyes out for old school Contax equipment, I believe that sooner or later it’s value will rocket, bought a few bits and peices already.

meehaja
    Free Member

lenses yes, bodies no. stcik it on ebay and see what you get

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

We have a Canon which we paid about £500 for a good 8 or 9 years back now. To be honest, I think the first film is still in it!

Had a look on eBay a while back at how much they’re going for… about £30! Think I’ll keep it!

molgrips
    Free Member

I have an entry level mint condition Pentax MZ-M (that’s M for manual focus) in my wardrobe. It cost £150 or so in 1999, last used in 2001 or thereabouts. Pretty cheap thing really.

However there’s communities of people out there that are into this stuff, and apparently that particular camera is highly regarded amongst some for its extreme light weight, cheapness and reliability cos it’s so basic I assume.

Only thing I miss about it is the split circle for manual focusing. I wish my DSLR had one.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Old SLRs – does anyone still use them? Are they worth much?’ is closed to new replies.