Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Old Reba vs newer Fox 32 (29er fork upgrade)
  • andyl
    Free Member

Currently have a set of 2009 Reba SL 29er forks (QR) with motion control damper and poplock so nothing special but they have been a good fork.

Have seen a newer Fox 32 Evo CTD fork (15mm) but wondering if it is really an upgrade (assuming the CTD is working as it should).

Cheers

chestrockwell

I’d say so. CTD is not as bad as everyone says (I like mine, especially for the price I paid) and tech has moved on since 2009.

fenred
    Free Member

I have a 2010/11 Reba RL 29er 100mm 9mm qr that has been great, not missed a beat since I’ve been running it.
    Bought a 120mm Float 32 CTD, tapered, 15mm bolt thru a few months ago and have to say the difference is very noticable. Biggest advantage is low speed compression damping on the Fox, really hard to articulate, but it just feels more planted and positive. The 15mm axle also is a vast improvement to front end stiffness/tracking etc..
    I have the FiT damper in mine which is apparently much better than the evo so if you do buy, make sure you get the right damper etc.
    HTH

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Old Reba vs newer Fox 32 (29er fork upgrade)’ is closed to new replies.